Players of the Warhammer 40k Rule System - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Players of the Warhammer 40k Rule System

Playing through DH -> RT -> Asc -> DW -> BC -> OW had given me frontseat rows on witnessing FFG's evolution of the 40kd100 system. The greatest change I notice is the combat overhaul for Black Crusade.

And Lathe Worlds is Love.

Do Bolters or Storm Bolters have Full-Auto in Black Crusade? I was quite surprised and miffed when the Errata for Deathwatch took that away. Maybe it made sense balance-wise, but in lore Bolters are clearly Full-Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgunninja View Post
Do Bolters or Storm Bolters have Full-Auto in Black Crusade? I was quite surprised and miffed when the Errata for Deathwatch took that away. Maybe it made sense balance-wise, but in lore Bolters are clearly Full-Auto.
Nah. Most weapons lost their Full-Auto in Black Crusade. But then, Full-Auto penalizes you with -10 to BS, Semi-auto gives you +0 and Single shot grants you with +10. Since standard range grants you +10, SS would be +20, Semi would be +10 and Full would be +10.

Though I miss Dark Heresy's +50 to Full Auto at point blank.

Wow, thats a HUGE difference. I'm currently playing a Dark Angles Devastator Terminator, I regularly roll against numbers of 100+ for my Full Auto Shots (with an Assault Cannon now, Heavy Bolter before I got Terminator Armor).

It is incredibly satisfying.

I have all except OW. I haven't run any games, but I am playing in pretty much any variety (haven't played any BC, but I am playing in DW games adapted to BC rules though).

Isn't Only War open for everyone during the testing phases though? Free on the internet and all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgunninja View Post
Wow, thats a HUGE difference. I'm currently playing a Dark Angles Devastator Terminator, I regularly roll against numbers of 100+ for my Full Auto Shots (with an Assault Cannon now, Heavy Bolter before I got Terminator Armor).

It is incredibly satisfying.
Well, the upside is you only spend half-actions doing them. The good thing is that supressive fire is a half-action too. And SINCE semi-auto, full-auto and suppression different half-actions actions, you can full-auto AND suppress in one turn. That's how I understand it anyway, as semi and full are not standard attacks.

Mmm, I have already been taking Full-Auto as a Half Action, the benefit of Suspensors or Terminator Armor. It remains a good point, if your weapon can do those different fire modes. I think Heavy Bolters and Assault Cannons only have FA listed and bolters only Single and Semi after the Errata.

That's a shame. But as far as non-standard equipment are concerned, the Ultramarine Super Bolter has THREE firing modes AND the accurate quality. It's so disgustingly beautiful an Ultramarine Tactical can become the team heavy or the team sniper impromptu. I forgot where it was. I think it was on the First Founding book.

Well, Rogue Trader's MUI Weapon Interface says you can attack with the weapon as a free action. If you attach something to your armor and now doesn't attack as a half-action, you can full auto twice. Personally, I used it with a cheap las-variant with full auto (Because Lasguns don't have recoil) and suppression fire every turn as you stab them to bits.

I personally like the twin linked and dual strike along with the two weapon wielder, swift attack and lightning attack for my baddies to throw at the players. Gives me all the more reason to make additional attacks.

I am trying to get the ball rolling on the 40k system character sheets. I know a lot of you via the site and am aware that a lot of you could be considered experts. If anyone has anything to add it would be most appreciated.

>>>Discussion is Here<<<