Kickstarters - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Kickstarters

Kickstarters

So, a lot of companies are coming out with RPG-related kickstarters. Rulebooks, minis, dice rollers... I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can just share various kickstarters that are of interest and might need some love. Having cleared it with our community dreadlords (thanks Plugsy!), here we are.

I'll start. Reaper's holding a kickstarter for their line of plastic minis. They've already blasted through their initial goal, and are now working through stretch goals. If you collect and paint minis, seems like a pretty good deal. I'm currently in for a couple hundred bucks (the basic $100 package, plus room for the various optional bonuses).

Since I posted that, we've gone through a bunch more stretch goals. Currently, the $100 option gives you 110 plastic minis, plus a metal collector's mini. It also gives you access to a bunch of optional rewards, like a pair of huge-sized dragons for fifteen bucks, or a pair of frost giants for ten. And you can now add extras of the various stretch goals for relatively cheap. There are also optional rewards available for any level, including paints, a minis case, and a twenty-pack of orcs.

Also potentially of interest is Numenera, Monte Cook's latest project. Two days in, and it's tripled its initial goal, so it's just a matter of how many stretch goals it can make it past.

There are 48 hours left on the Shadowrun Online kickstarter, and they're still far short of their goal. I don't normally do this, but if you were at all considering backing the project, please go do it now: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dowrun-online/

- Logain

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0g41n View Post
There are 48 hours left on the Shadowrun Online kickstarter, and they're still far short of their goal. I don't normally do this, but if you were at all considering backing the project, please go do it now: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dowrun-online/

- Logain
I pledged a snicker's bar (slang from another online microfunding site I dabbled with once) to this, even though I've never really been interested in the system. It's a shame it hasn't funded, but maybe the market just isn't there for another MMORPG...

I pledged a bit to the reaper one, too. I could certainly use those 20 orcs.

Okay, back on Reaper's KS, we just achieved another stretch goal, and it revealed what's under the Mausoleum. Right now, if you kick in for the Vampire level reward you get 116 minis. And it just revealed three new stretch goals at $525K (about $90K over where it is now). Ten chronoscope minis and a shovel-wielding grim reaper for free, and then a $10 optional giant skeleton.

I intend to use them for tabletop Pathfinder and D&D. I'll probably put them together, prime them, and never paint them. (Just like my Warhammer 40k army I've had since 2003.)

Edit: The more I look at that Shadowrun game, the more I hope it funds. They're so close to their goal, but it ends so soon.

Good news, Lemur. Bones take paint well without priming. Now you can get as far as a base coat!

I'll be using them for D&D and Savage Worlds.

Well, good news everyone!

Shadowrun Online hit its funding goal, with $507,290 as of this writing. I'm very happy about that, thanks to everyone who contributed.

I also kicked in some money for Bones, although it was less to help fund, than to get figures for the price of $0.86 a figure. They currently give you 116 figurines for the $100 pledge, and it's just good sense if you use figurines at all to put in your two bits.

- Logain

This isn't a Kickstarter, it's IndieGoGo, but I think it's a good cause, personally. An attempt to build a museum in Tesla's honor at his old lab site in NY.

IndieGoGo Link