[DISCUSSION/HELP] GMing PFS - Page 52 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

[DISCUSSION/HELP] GMing PFS

By the rules, it's not trivial to get better without help:

Quote:
Recovering with Help: One hour after a tended, dying character becomes stable, the character must make a DC 10 Constitution check to become conscious. The character takes a penalty on this roll equal to his negative hit point total. Conscious characters with negative hit point totals are treated as disabled characters. If the character remains unconscious, he receives another check every hour to regain consciousness. A natural 20 on this check is an automatic success. Even if unconscious, the character recovers hit points naturally. He automatically regains consciousness when his hit points rise to 1 or higher.

Recovering without Help: A severely wounded character left alone usually dies. He has a small chance of recovering on his own. Treat such characters as those attempting to recover with help, but every failed Constitution check to regain consciousness results in the loss of 1 hit point. An unaided character does not recover hit points naturally. Once conscious, the character can make a DC 10 Constitution check once per day, after resting for 8 hours, to begin recovering hit points naturally. The character takes a penalty on this roll equal to his negative hit point total. Failing this check causes the character to lose 1 hit point, but this does not cause the character to become unconscious. Once a character makes this check, he continues to heal naturally and is no longer in danger of losing hit points naturally.
At a minimum, I would assume they are getting help and would see if the first roll is possible or not.

That said though, I am not proposing a draconian penalty. It costs 10gp for a CLW from an NPC or one charge from the CLW wand they should be getting with their 2PP.

I think as an alternative to dying and losing their characters, losing their starting 150 gold, but getting 288 gp and 2PP from which to re-equip and heal themselves is more than fair. If they choose to try to roll it out, they can, if they choose to buy a CLW wand with their 2PP and get healed to 0 or above that way, they can, if they choose to spend 10 or 20 gp for CLWs, they can.

To me the rules are plain that non-permanent conditions need to be cleared between scenarios (disease, poison, etc.). I would count this among those but I'm not the GM in this case.

I'm just curious...if they are unconscious, how can they make their intent known that they want a wand of cure light wounds?

Just dock them the 10gp off their final pay and call the condition cleared. They will never know what happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatteredKing View Post
I'm just curious...if they are unconscious, how can they make their intent known that they want a wand of cure light wounds?
Kujo actually has a note in his pocket that says if he's found unconscious to buy a CLW wand with this notoriety and heal him.

lol

"Dear Mr, Madam or urchin, if by happen chance you find this note while pillaging my body which is most likely lying in a pool of my own blood, please check if I'm alive. If you do find that I'm not yet dead, please get in touch with the nearest Pathfinder lodge and inform them that Kujo the barbarian is dying and needs urgent attention, you shall be rewarded handsomely for services rendered... if not, happy pillaging!, please see at least that my dead body is not eaten by rats.

Thank you

P.S. They should know who Kujo is, if not, tell them that it's the big bald barbarian that grunts a lot"