[DISCUSSION/HELP] GMing PFS - Page 56 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

[DISCUSSION/HELP] GMing PFS

I haven't GMed PFS ANYWHERE.

That being said... during the Black Friday sale I purchased all of Season 1, in anticipation that I will want to GM PFS.

What modules would you recommend from Season 1? I don't want to read them unless I'm going to run them, so that I'll still be able to play them fresh if the opportunity arises. I've already played in 1-29, which means that while I could run it, I wouldn't get credit....

You can get credit twice. Once for running, once for playing.

I intend to run #43 Pallid Plague once (one of?) my two tier 1-2 games wrap up or if my Tier 3-4 group gets there first, which it may well do based on posting frequency.

Whatever you choose, I would suggest not doing Citadel Of Flame. While it's a nice enough module, I think pretty much everyone on site has credit for it now. We've had at least three games of it, mine included.

If you really want some roleplay, the City Of Strangers arc could be a great one as well. I prepped for those but never got to run it on my one face-to-face PFS day, and I liked the look of them. Considering it is an arc, it might be good to specifically mention that they are multiple games in a row, so you'll want to keep an active and dedicated group.

I haven't played any other season 1 scenarios though I don't believe, so I can't say from experience.

let me check my spreadsheet here.

Citadel of Flame and Voice in the Void are highly rated scenarios, but they also get run a lot. I still have yet to play or run in them, but I donm't have a character free at the moment. Pallid Plague and Shipyard Rats are the next 'best' Season 1 Scenarios. I don't think Pallid Plague has been played on here, in a while, but if Greycloak is planning on running it, I'd go a different direction. I just finished Shipyard Rats and I know it was run once before within the past 12 months.

The City of Strangers series (Shadow Gambit and The Twofold Demise) are very good.

I've never seen Infernal Vault, Delerium's Triangle, or the Darkest Vengeance played on here in the past 12 months. They are dipping down into the "Meh" range, but people will play them.

Here is a link to the Pathfinder Scenario spreadsheet I made up. PM me your email and I will share access to it with you.

Have any of you played in scenarios that you had previously GMed? I know there's some advice in the Guide for GMs on accepting people into games who already know the scenario, but I'm curios about your own experience in playing in a scenario you know. (Maybe a good place for a low INT dwarven barbarian .)

also, is there a publicly available spreadsheet (or other record) which scenarios have been run by whom here? Bonus points if out includes tier data and star ratings (plus number of reviews) from the Paizo store...