NANO Support Buddies - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Writers' Guild

A community for writers of all genres to hone our craft, with monthly exercises, challenges, and collaborative writing. Open to anyone who enjoys writing!

NANO Support Buddies

NANO Support Buddies

This is intensely late, and I apologize. However, idea:

We have alot of members who are participating, and we will all support one another, assuredly, but none of us are going to have the time to keep up with everyone's novel. It's likely we'll pick out our closest online nano buds to read and encourage. It would be nice, however, to make sure all participating members have that encouragement.

My proposal is a buddy system: you read mine, I read yours. This will not only encourage, but create a creative outlet in the case you need to bounce ideas cause you are suddenly stuck.

So, if you would like, buddy up.

My buddies:
My Sister (not on this site)
Fig Faun
Madda (hasn't officially signed up yet)
Puffin (likely)

I'll be updating this thread so as to keep a full list. If you're going to put your nano progress online, and want it linked here as well, provide linkage please

It may be better to just have everyone post their NaNoWriMos on these forums so other members can read it if the goal is 'I read yours, you read mine'.

I'm participating. Count me in.

Last year I posted the word count widgets for all the MW participants. I'm certainly not going to post my raw writing. The point of NaNo is to write and not worry about quality, and I'm taking that seriously. I would die of embarrassment.

I um...I don't want to share mine until after NaNo, but I will most ENTHUSIASTICALLY read yours, Cleo, and you know it! <3 <3 <3. Same with you, WW!

Aw, WW, methinks that's called Pride, isn't it? Isn't that a deady sin or something?

Anyone who's researched Eeny Meeny Miney Mo at all knows that the exercise isn't about the quality of writing, so I don't think anyone's going to be "judging" anyone else's work on a qualitative basis. It's still fun, though, to see other authors' ideas, worlds, and storylines.

Don't be proud... share!

I can't really speak for WW, but personally it's a privacy thing for me. I don't let people see me without my makeup, first thing in the morning, unless they either see me walking my dogs or know me really, really well. Otherwise, people get to see me after I've taken some moderate amount of time making myself presentable (my hair gets crazy when I sleep, really).

Same with my writing. I can only write large amounts at once when I let myself not worry about quality, as long as I"m telling the story I want to tell. When I finish NaNo and have a chance to get back to it and edit, and adjust the plot - then I'm thrilled to let people see it. Though probably not to post it fully here - I'd like to publish my stories one of these days!

I would not be able to write poorly if I thought people would see it. If I am going to be able to do NaNo, I can't be self-conscious. Pretty much mirroring what Puffin said there.

I wouldn't call it pride, unless you call it pride when I make sure I'm wearing clean clothes and have combed my hair and brushed my teeth before I leave the house.

Aye, I probably won't be editing any of this until late January. I know once NaNo is over I go back to what I have written in September. I don't mind showing tidbits, but only those I consider didn't come out too bad even in the rush. So far, none of that as come up!

And I am almost scared to do so. Ugh, I sooo prefer writing to editing.

*shrug* I let people see me without my make-up all the time.

Maybe it's a man vs. woman mindset?