Free character images - Page 6 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Free character images

I apologize to everyone for my absence this week. Next week is midterms, so I've been really regulating my time. I have to sketch out a concept for a world that involves a good race, a bad race, several types of robots, religious structures, and environments for an Egyptian setting. I also have to design a character model sheet, make a 3D model interior and exterior sci-fi environment, and write like 3 papers. If anyone tells you art school is easier than other colleges, they're BSing.

Mordae: Finished portrait. I wanted to put more in the background, like a catapult or something else you find on barracks, but I couldn't work it out.

Kaeso: I'm finished with Guisarme-man's sketches, but my scanner is being a butt >< Sorry, I'll upload them when I can.

ShadowFighter15: I left the coat out because it sounds pretty easy to draw. I didn't feel the need to design it in a sketch. =] If you'd like me to draw it in there, I will.

P4yne: Sounds like that image is gonna be busy. D= I look forward to drawing it. How old is he?

World of L_Tiene: I love group shots. =D Just make sure you submit it all at once, so people after you don't feel like you're cutting in line.

userpay: Gold flecks xD I love them, but it'll be difficult to make them show up unless it's a close up of the face.

if something about our characters experience has changed at all should we add it to our above description?

rob98926: Sure thing. =]

TheEpicNecropath: This one literally made me lol. I personally have never done it, but I've watched a friend do it over and over again. And this one. In my first quarter, forty percent of the students had a very stylized way of drawing(ninty-five percent of which was anime, much to the disdain of my instructors), and fifty percent of the students had no idea how to draw and were literally there either because they thought art school was easy, or because they were fashion/film/interior design/graphic design students. Only about five percent of the people I knew as a freshmen are still in my school now.

As for the painting jokes, I get them, but we don't really use paints in class. There are workshops and clubs for painting, but it's not part of the curriculum. You see, I go to a commercial art school, which is kind of despised by everyone but in truth is the only way to go if you want a career in this industry. Fine art schools bawk at us, but the only job I know of that you can get with a fine arts degree is...teaching...fine arts. And of course business schools give us the stink eye for being not taking our career professionally or something. But last time I checked, ninty-two percent of our graduates are employed in gaming or film animation within like 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoka View Post
ShadowFighter15: I left the coat out because it sounds pretty easy to draw. I didn't feel the need to design it in a sketch. =] If you'd like me to draw it in there, I will.
Nah, it's cool - was just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoka View Post
userpay: Gold flecks xD I love them, but it'll be difficult to make them show up unless it's a close up of the face.
Aye I could see how that would be difficult and thus not overly necessary unless you feel that you can pull it off. Pose #3 might work for showing the eyes if it were an aerial shot, Cylirr basking in the sun. Like I said though I don't have any particular favorite out of the 4 poses I thought of and I'm more than open to suggestions for others you think might be better.

Hmm... mainly unknown but I would say around the 30's... Also, I know it is a big deal to draw, so take your time. not in a hurry, as I said.

Quote:
I love group shots. =D Just make sure you submit it all at once, so people after you don't feel like you're cutting in line.
I'll get with the group and start talking it over. I will update as soon as we have all the info together. I'll try and skim it down as it's an epic campaign that is the oldest running gurps game on the weave.

OK, here's my request

(It's for "Troubleshooters Inc")

Race: Human
Sex: Female
Height/weight (approximate numbers are good): 5'6, 8 stone
Age (adolescent/adult/elderly will do): Early 30s
Class/Type/Profession/what-it-do: Professional Mercenary
Hair style/color: Bottle blonde, long and curly
Eye color: Green
Name(for reference): Mirjam Volker
Attitude: A thorny rose - pretty on the outside, hard on the inside.
Specific Equipment (I <3 drawing equipment): Camo uniform, MP5
Setting: Modern day
Pose: Dressed in camo, SMG by her side
Reference images:
Flecktarn parka
MP5