New pathfinder sheet - Page 22 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

New pathfinder sheet

oh... okay then. So that means that one rank in a class skill = 4... 1 + csbonus. Okay, (then I've been doing the math wrong on my practice character sheets for the last couple weeks. Don't I feel silly.) Thanks for the correction.

Also, not sure how much it matters, but when you hover over natural (in AC) it says ACDeflect, while hovering over Deflect says ACNat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGalaxy00 View Post
Also, not sure how much it matters, but when you hover over natural (in AC) it says ACDeflect, while hovering over Deflect says ACNat
It didn't really affect anything much as they have no effect individually because anywhere they're used for autocalc both fields are used. However, it was wrong and was a good catch on your part, thanks.

It's fixed now.

If I had to make a guess, whatever fix was put into place has caused the numbers in Natural and Deflection to transpose... so the calculations are working out but the labelling is off: Natural AC box is being added to Touch AC and Deflection AC box is not.

No, the labeling was off previously. All I did was swap the two fields so they sit above the correct label. I didn't think either one was used for autocalc independently, looks like I was wrong from what you're saying.

Edit: Looking at the code I'm a bit confused. Don't play PF so I've checked the SRD and I think the code now reflects what it says.

Touch AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugsy View Post
No, the labeling was off previously. All I did was swap the two fields so they sit above the correct label. I didn't think either one was used for autocalc independently, looks like I was wrong from what you're saying.

Edit: Looking at the code I'm a bit confused. Don't play PF so I've checked the SRD and I think the code now reflects what it says.
Here's an example: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=446817
You'll notice that the sheets deflection bonus is now 14 and its nat 1. Obviously a dragon doesn't have a deflection bonus of 14, and when I switch them back my touch AC shoots up (touch AC is still using natural bonus instead of deflection bonus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxlupus View Post
Here's an example: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=446817
You'll notice that the sheets deflection bonus is now 14 and its nat 1. Obviously a dragon doesn't have a deflection bonus of 14, and when I switch them back my touch AC shoots up (touch AC is still using natural bonus instead of deflection bonus).
Values upon loading the sheet:

AC: 35 (correct)
ACTouch: 15 (wrong)
ACFlat: 33 (wrong)

ACNat: 1
ACDeflect: 14

(The AC values are already calculated; though the labels changed, the ACs are not yet calculated anew)

Values after changing ACNat (to 14) and ACDeflect (to 1):

AC: 35 (correct: 10 +
Armor
2 +
Shield
4 +
Dex
2 -
Size
1 +
Natural
14 +
Deflect
1 +
Misc
ACTouch: 15 (correct: 10 +
Dex
2 -
Size
1 +
Deflect
1 +
Misc
ACFlat: 33 (correct: 10 +
Armor
2 +
Shield
4 -
Size
1 +
Natural
14 +
Deflect
1 +
Misc
3)

ACNat: 14
ACDeflect: 1

Upon changing the values, the AC values are calculated anew - and correctly.

This (mostly empty) test sheet shows that deflect and natural armor bonus are applied correctly.

Clearing your cache might help.

hate to ask a simplistic question but how do you do that?

Update: I cleared my cache in google chrome but it had no immediate effect. I went in to the sheet, zero'd the natural and deflection bonus boxes, then input the correct stats into their respective boxes (Nat 14, Defl 1) and the calculations worked out correctly.

@noxlupus: I think what did the trick was forcing the Autocalc to recalculate by entering new values. If the values don't change, the Autocalc doesn't kick in. So after the Autocalc was fixed, you had to clear your cache to get the new version of it on your computer; but your sheet still had the values that had been calculated earlier by the old formula. Updating those fields triggered a recalculation--with the new formula. Voila. I'm glad it's working for you now.

The message is still playing even though I've saved my sheet. Is that supposed to happen? The message says otherwise.

I'm referring to the message that communicates this:

Quote:
The ACNatural and ACDeflect fields were incorrectly labelled. If you filled thhem in uing the title (shown by the tootip) you need do nothing. If you filled them in by the label they may now appear to be incorrect

This message will no longer display after you next save this sheet.