Spell storing - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Spell storing

Spell storing

What's the cheapest Spell Storing available?

And is there anything like a Rod of Absorption but will only work on spell cast from the wielder? So rather than absorbing a spell cast at the wielder, the wielder can 'fill' the rod with his own spell energy.

The Spell Storing weapon enchantment is the cheapest. Next is the Minor Spell storing ring (18k, holds up to 3rd level, DMG), the Scarf of Spellcatching (18k, absorbs 20 spell levels and is destroyed, DMGII). Those two are the cheapest.

No idea on the last part.

Wippit - As far as I know you'd just use a Rod of Absorption for that. And mishra is right, the Spell Storing weapon enchantment is usually your best bet for store-and-release spellwhacking (I'm a big fan of filling it with a Sudden Maximized Shivering Touch, but ymmv).

I was looking for something for a spellthief to store stolen spells / spell levels, since they run out if you don't use them in an hour.

Yeah, Spellfire is pretty much it otherwise. Spellthief is a cool idea crippled by godawful execution.