Help Me Build A Tank - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Help Me Build A Tank

not really. i am kind of a fill in and these guys are mostly about rolling dice over story. I just need something that can absorb tons of damage and deal tons as well.

Those two generally go mutually exclusive in 3.5. You can either soak damage, or deal it. Occupying both roles requires lots of gold, and really great stats, which your array there doesn't really cover. Cleric may be your best bet, but really look over what I threw together with the Fighter 1/Monk 2/ Cleric 5 build. Might be fun to play, it's not your standard high AC tank, but you won't get eaten alive by touch spells and you have evasion, which is something. Your to hit is meh, and your damage is worse than meh. However, you can buff yourself, and in 4 levels, Righteous Might is on the table. All fear the Righteous Might cleric with flurry of blows and Divine Favor running.

I like the idea of Cleric but we do already have one with Healing devotion. We also have a wizard and someone playing the homebrew class Daring Outlaw. I had thought cleric with a war domain or something but I am just really not sure.

Some hp + Karmic Strike? And later retrain it for Robilar’s Gambit? I'd just try to do AoO build and try to stay between enemies and allies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magrus View Post
For Cleric, Intelligence, if you want Combat Expertise, if not, Charisma, and say goodbye to your Turn/Rebuke's per day.

17 Str
13 Dex
14 Con
8 Int
16 Wis
11 Cha

Fighter 2/Cleric 6
1: (2)
2: (2)
3:
6:

Feats lined up like so. If you went Dwarf Fighter 2/Cleric 2. Fighter 2 grants you the 2 bonus feats to get your tower Shield proficiency if you choose to go that route, all martials, and the dwarven weapons, plus Combat Expertise and Trip if you dump Charisma and pump Int to 13, which would be suggested for this build.

Tripper cleric with self healing and high Con is a nice, simple route to go. Unfortunately, you'll need the high Strength to hit and to carry your armor and shield. Interlocking Plate, Races of Stone is your friend. If you see yourself using the passive on that for standing still often, and for more than 4 rounds in a row, you may want to snag your levels in Dwarven Defender, at least a few.

That being said, *all* of the required feats are good tanking feats for any character for the DD class. Dodge, Toughness, Endurance. Oh wait, that's right. >.< 3.5 nevermind. Toughness isn't auto-Improved, and Dodge isn't static +1 AC to everything anymore, and you will be wanting heavier than medium armor since you aren't going monk.
So let's say we have another Cleric already that will be taking care of the turn and rebuke. You suggest dumping Charisma then?

17 Str
13 Dex
14 Con
11 Int
16 Wis
8 Cha

This is the way you would suggest?

I'd swap Dex and Int, and Str and Wis. You can pump Wis to get extra spells and higher DCs. Translates to more buffs and more potent spells. Battlefield control spels are great for area denial and drawing aggro.