3.5 Arrow Compendium! - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

3.5 Arrow Compendium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magrus View Post
Or you can just go to the equipment page of www.d20pfsrd.Com and stop wasting time.
Sure, if you didn't mind missing out most arrows and possibly having some non-existent ones as well...
#wrongsystem

Yup because 3.5 and PF are so dissimilar that one can't possibly use the ammunition from one with the other.

Seriously, 3 links to a list of a great variety of information at your fingertips for folks.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---...ns#simple-ammo

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---...s#martial-ammo

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---...ns#exotic-ammo

Already compiled and made available from a large number of PF sources. Which are fully compatible with a 3.5 game.

And maybe you'd also like to use some 3.0e classes in your 5e game while you're at it? I mean they're not SOOOO dissimilar that a few extra houserules can't make them usable.

Quote:
Yup because 3.5 and PF are so dissimilar that one can't possibly use the ammunition from one with the other.
Of course one could, just as one could create a plethora of homebrew items, but it depends on the game. Furthermore, the request was for a compendium of 3.5 items; whilst PF ones might be worth a "special mention", going to the PF pages doesn't stop one from having to "waste time" looking in actual D&D sources.

(There are archery/ranger handbooks which will already have decent lists, mind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedronai View Post
And maybe you'd also like to use some 3.0e classes in your 5e game while you're at it? I mean they're not SOOOO dissimilar that a few extra houserules can't make them usable.
Difference being PF and 3.5 are essentially the same system with very few tweaks. I've not bothered to look at 5e, but really, the differences between 3.5 and PF are essentially the same as Coke and Pepsi. It's not like going from 2 to 3, or 3 to 4.

Quote:
but really, the differences between 3.5 and PF are essentially the same as Coke and Pepsi.
Good analogy, especially since some people can't tell the difference whereas others have strong preferences for one or the other.

So the PF links MIGHT be helpful, to some people. Thank you for them.

For 3.5-only, check out The Archery Handbook.

Quote:
Difference being PF and 3.5 are essentially the same system with very few tweaks.
Some of those tweaks are quite significant, as in fact is the design philosophy in places, though admittedly not as it pertains to arrows and they're certainly not as different as pretty much any other two systems.
Sure - but not really relevant, for the reasons I already mentioned above.

Races of the Wild has several interesting mundane arrows, if I remember. I thought they were mentioned in that archery handbook. Possibly a ranger or swift hunter one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
Some of those tweaks are quite significant, as in fact is the design philosophy in places, though admittedly not as it pertains to arrows and they're certainly not as different as pretty much any other two systems.
Right, mundane equipment being a meh concern between the two. The differences are mainly: Race balancing (slightly stronger, more options for each), Classes (more oomph for base classes, lots of archetypes to avoid crazy multiclassing), Polymorph, Channel, new spells, new feats, and some skill mashups. Equipment as far as Armor/Weapons go, is pretty much plug and play between the two. Hence, throwing the links in here. It's simple, and not worth getting into a huff over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post

Races of the Wild has several interesting mundane arrows, if I remember. I thought they were mentioned in that archery handbook. Possibly a ranger or swift hunter one?
As a DM i've seen players do alot of really cool things with Mundane equipment.

3.0 Arms and Equipment guide <---- never to be underestimated!

Quote:
Equipment as far as Armor/Weapons go, is pretty much plug and play between the two. Hence, throwing the links in here. It's simple, and not worth getting into a huff over.
Nobody's getting in a huff; throwing the link in, fine. Saying "now you can just stop wasting time" is unhelpful, because having a few Pathfinder arrows is not a complete compendium of all 3.5 arrows...
(And as a side note, PF differs in several other ways as well, most notably being CMB/CMD as well as grappling, poisons, etc... but no, not really when it comes to arrows)

Arms and Equipment Guide has quite a trove of things in it. I wouldn't be surprised if it had some arrows, too.