Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones - Page 34 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones

Okay I guess I am going to have to follow Mordae and Powderhorn's glowing example and add it to my sig. I have noticed several of you have even been spreading the word in the greeting thread. Cool Stuff!

I'm always willing to talk older editions, even if I don't play them all that much. I do have a fondness for Labyrinth Lord, though.

Ruben do you want added?

56 Players on the List!

...and Very Cool merc!

Goblinoid Games released Starships and Spacemen on RPGNow. Its a sci-fi game that has a Star Trekkie vibe that they tout as being compatible with Labyrinth Lord. Since I was a sponsor for their Indigogo campaign, I have my digital copy, and apparently I have a perfect bound copy coming as well. Just going through it to see if anything can be use for my Stars Without Number game (which could still use a couple of players).

I would love to give this a run, however I'm already about full up on games as for what my gaming schedule will allow.

New Game Alert

After playing in BW's Labyrinth Lord game and having a blast, I've decided to run a one shot AD&D game. I thought I'd announce it to this group first.

There is no game forum or add yet. I'll put those together next weekend after Thanksgiving and post a link here. I've attached a preliminary copy of the house rules so you can get an idea, but basically its core Gygax AD&D in all of its wonderful quirky glory. The selection process will be based on character concept only. Characters will be generated at the start of the game.

Possibly tipping my hand here too much, the working title is Something Special.
House Rules.txt

I'd love to try out some old-school D&D if I had the time; I've been tinkering around with Swords and Wizardry to get a feel for it, and I like what I see so far. Other systems would be fine too, if I could get my hands on the rules for them (or find a DM willing to 'splain a few things).

Unfortunately, I'm unable to post reliably for at least a year due to a few RL things that will keep me away from the Weave. When I make my return, I'll see what's available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
After playing in BW's Labyrinth Lord game and having a blast, I've decided to run a one shot AD&D game. I thought I'd announce it to this group first.

There is no game forum or add yet. I'll put those together next weekend after Thanksgiving and post a link here. I've attached a preliminary copy of the house rules so you can get an idea, but basically its core Gygax AD&D in all of its wonderful quirky glory. The selection process will be based on character concept only. Characters will be generated at the start of the game.

Possibly tipping my hand here too much, the working title is Something Special.
Attachment 40244
Interested here as well.