Fourth Edition - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Fourth Edition

Yeah, but despite the screaming emanating from some posters at the wizards forum, none of that is really part of 4th ed in the sense of being necessary to the game. It's cool, it's a logical step, I suspect a number of people will find it useful, but you don't need it. It's also early in the development cycle, so what you see now may bear little relation to the released reality.

Fourth edition is including ease of online play and integration, but they are making it very clear it's not neccessary.
I actually heard there's a chance of it requiring a subscription to play online. Frankly, I don't play WoW because I gotta pay by the month, but whatever.

That is still a rumor, but it almost sounds kinda real.

I think what I like about 4e so far is the dumping of Level Adjustment. I hate that. I can not make unique-race characters without being a rocket scientist. This will normalise the concept of weakening monsters to PC Level 1 playability. Super.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackskullgreymon View Post
I think what I like about 4e so far is the dumping of Level Adjustment. I hate that. I can not make unique-race characters without being a rocket scientist. This will normalise the concept of weakening monsters to PC Level 1 playability. Super.
999% Agreed. Race levels is great.

However, I'm not so sure about everything else . . .

Ha. Yeah, exactly. Really, I don't think I'm gonna be "migrating" to 4e, nor "clinging" to 3.5. I'm gonna take the improvements from 4e I like and make my own house rule/3.9 edition when I DM. I'm sure my players will thank me for that.

I mean, it's still DnD.

The subscription fee for the online features is fact, confirmed by WotC staff at GenCon. The exact amount has yet to be set and some features may be available for free (but don't hold your breath). It will be less than WoW, but that's all we know.

I'm not 100% sure racial adjustment levels are gone. At one point they hoped to get rid of them, but they said that the design changed a good deal after that, so there's a slight chance they will still exist, at least for the higher end of the power scale (just how do you build a reasonable and fun level progression for a Pit Fiend?). I'd bet they'll disappear for most of the races people actually want to play (drow!) but don't count them out entirely unless you can find a flat statement by WotC that they are gone.