Batman Shooting - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Batman Shooting

I think it might affect the ticket sales. Parents might not want their children to go now because of what happened. Once something like this happens, red flags go up and parents become more cautious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kobold View Post
Some men just want to watch the world burn...
And I'm sure that was his whole purpose. To be more real than Joker.
Given the amount of gear he was wearing, and the fact that he gave up instantly, he wanted to live through this. Probably to watch how famous he's become. And you'll get 6 million lobby groups using it for their own ends. Sigh.

I don't believe so... It's just chilling, I remember my family used to live just a few miles from the place where it happened a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
Hopefully this doesn't sound insensitive, because it's quite a tragedy, but do you think this will actually effect the movies box office? Kind of asking based on what Little_Rudo said above. People not wanting to go because something like this is on their mind during the movie
One of my nephews went to see the midnight show with a bunch of his friends. Granted that was here in Iowa but it made us feel sick to think that this had happened. That a theatre full of young people were subject to a massacre like that.

My wife and I backed out of seeing the movie last night for that reason. Not that we were frightened it would happen again. It just felt weird, off, I'm not sure. But we stayed at home. I will eventually go see it. My wife may or may not go with me. The viewing was definitely delayed in my case.

Well, That needs to change. They need to kill this *expletive*. And they need to do it in complete privacy. This man wanted to get famous off this and the media is playing right into it. Everyone where you turn there is a story and this mans name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuse View Post
Well, That needs to change. They need to kill this *expletive*. And they need to do it in complete privacy. This man wanted to get famous off this and the media is playing right into it. Everyone where you turn there is a story and this mans name.
How do you know he did it to become famous? The only thing that's clear right now is that he's a dangerous psychopath... and a perfect opportunity for scumbags to promote their prejudices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonbies View Post
Solaris: Maybe. My brother has a theory that the guy was on drugs.
That doesn't strike me as terribly likely. No, I think it was just someone who chose to do evil. I don't care why he did it. I care only that he did it.