Homebrew Class Help - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Homebrew Class Help

Homebrew Class Help

I am working on a campaign idea right now and it will eventually be a game after I get all the information down. There were some homebrew classes that I found that I really love and would fit in well with my world. The only problem is that some aren't exactly balanced. I hope this is the right place to post this but I was wondering if anyone who loves rules and is good with figuring out how to balance out a class could help me pinpoint what should be changed in these ones. Or if they are completely fine for running in a game as is, that would be great to know too.

Commander
Dancer
Grim Reaper
Guardian
Hunter
Jumper
Marksman

The dancer class, I already know needs changing. There is no limit on how much "Dances" they can use and no limit on how long they can use it for. Something I'm already thinking on.

The plan is to tweak them and then post the tweaked version in their own threads in my game forum. If they don't need tweaking, then I'm just gonna link it to the rules.

Edit: Ok, went through them again and decided that I only really want the Commander and Dancer class. Way less classes to change and I'll be happy with just those two as additional class choices.

For the dancer class I would recommend just using the Combat Dancer class from Dragon compendium if you have access to it. It is a monk style dancer class that gets specialty moves like dances. If you don't have access to the Dragon compendium I don't really know what to do off the top of my head for the dancer class, it's broken and broken hard.

Thanks for the recommendation but I don't have access to the Dragon compendium. If not, I can always just not include it or maybe re-flavor the bard to have a dancer variant.

With the dancer class..

Spellstep (Su) is to powerful. There should be a limit to the number of times it can be used.

Same with Immortal Carving Magic Strings (Su).

I might set it up so that the dances to the class function like a bards Bardic Music. It would aid in allowing the class to function like a normal class.

I'd also drop the BaB down to that of Rogue. Especially with the sneak attack damage.

Actually... would you mind a complete revision of the class? Same concept-ish only more self focused and less group focused.

Okay, I was going to try to revise the dancer class but it is so broken that I'm just gonna toss it. But I'm hoping to keep Commander. Does anyone see anything wrong with it that would need fixing?

I will look your classes through tomorrow and give some input aswell.

EDIT: Commander Class, I quite like it, I really have nothing I'd change about it, it has a nice feel to it.

EDIT2: As for the dancer, I think it might need a bit of tweaking, I'd remove the sneak attack and instead allow the dancer to use poisons without risk of poisoning themselves like an assassin.

Yes, glad to hear the Commander class is good. When I looked through it, it seemed balanced to me and I really liked the idea of it.

Dancer, ugh, I had so many different ideas on how to change it but couldn't really settle on any one thing. I do like your idea though.