FS1 | Mystic Lemur | In Character - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

FS1 | Mystic Lemur | In Character

Sorry there isn't more to it. This should get you started, and give you an excuse to introduce yourselves to each other.

Along with your breakfast you receive a note instructing you to report to the office of Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin. Somehow you knew this day would come. The day of your final test: Making it through a meeting with Captain Valsin without invoking his famous temper. You know that it's time for your first assignment as a Pathfinder, but you have no idea what that assignment might be. Will you be sent to Varisia? The frozen north of Irrisen? You have heard rumors of neophyte Pathfinders being sent into the labyrinthine sewers of Absalom, and you pray that you avoid that assignment for as long as possible.

And so you find yourself in Venture-Captain Valsin's anteroom as messengers and other Pathfinders pass in and out. One page is chased out of the room, and only barely avoids being hit by a, now shattered, paperweight. Obviously the phrase "don't shoot the messenger" has never occurred to this man. The five other Pathfinders occupying the room are likely also going to be assigned to the same mission as you, which leads you to believe it must be very important to require so many skilled hands. None of you have dared to break the silence so far, but as the minutes crawl by the silence is growing unbearable...

Ambrosia looks around the room, taking in everything she sees. Then she looks over at Leena, who had recently accompanied her outside the walls of Absalom on an outing to some ruins there. She nods and smiles at her.

Looking back to Valsin, she says, "You asked us to report, Venture-Captain Valsin?" She certainly has the patience to wait, but couldn't see why it was necessary.

IMAGE IN PROGRESSAranel Shepherd

The silence was broken, and Aranel relaxed her shoulders. The Venture-Captain had a reputation fit for an angry badger, but Aranel could handle that. She was in a new place with a group of strangers, but Aranel could handle that too. And long silences were no trouble for the former shepherd. Combined, however, the effect was nerve wracking! But now that the silence was broken...

"Come here," Aranel whispers in Elven, and the pieces pieces of the paperweight gather in her hand, the glass fusing back into shape. "You seem to have dropped this, Venture-Captain," she says placing the mended paperweight on the man's desk.

Leena smiles back at Ambrosia, feeling slightly less nervous now about her first mission as a Pathfinder. "Ready for anything. Even another croc." Leena says, trying for a cheerful note.

Elizabeth W.

Valsin looks up, pauses, and sets down his quill. "Yes, I did." looking over the group, he seems satisfied with what he sees. "You're all here. Good. Listen up! I know you're all new Pathfinders looking to make a name for yourselves in the organization, but first we need to make sure you're up to snuff and won't get yourselves killed out there..." He lets the gravity of the situation sink in. "I have a number of small assignments, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day's end." The unspoken "and that's an order" was clear to everyone in the room. As if on cue, a scribe walks in and gives a
Also posted in the Miscellaneous thread.
copy of the assignment. Venture-Captain Valsin begins to wax philosophical as you study your assignment. It was rumored that interrupting his...
Read: Rambling
expositions was a sure way to anger him. "Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything to join up with the Society. Most of them are good kids, but not all of them have the salt to make it in a world like this. It's rough out there, and I'm not just talking about the ruins, tombs, and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on their missions. We've got people who look down their noses at us," he slams his fist on the desk for emphasis, "folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet, and don't let those puppets in the Aspis Consortium tell you different!"

He clears his throat and continues a little more calmly. "That said, since we're fractured and widespread, it's difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. And for every friend of the Society, there are two enemies. Your first mission, to test your mettle and your loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other Venture-Captains, or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine." He stops to glare as if daring any of you to not follow his orders. "I've prepared a list of things I want you to do. They're not arranged in any particular order, but I want them all done as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope is the list, as well as the names of your contacts and directions to the meeting locations."

"Are there any questions?"

Leena feels that the Venture Captain has explained things quite well. "Don't think so Venture Captain. Anyone else need anything explained?" Leena says, giving the matter serious thought.

Elizabeth W.

Rillia Samphire

Rillia examines her companions for a moment thinking that they seem to be an interesting sort and that today could be a most interesting day.
"No I do not think so. The Captain has done an excellent job of explaining what needs to be done. Unless anybody else has any questions I think we should get to it."

Ambrosia smiles at Rillia's comments, and nods. "Yes, I think everything was explained well. If everything is as straightforward as it sounds we should be done quickly. But I am guessing things might not be that simple in a few cases. Is there anything else we should know?"

Airan sat there quietly sizing up the other pathfinders in the room. They seemed a capable lot and he hoped he would be to there eyes as well.
After hearing the others say that they understood the assignment Airan wanted to ask how long they had but decided against it having heard about Valsin's temper. insisted he says, " Yes I understand the mission and am ready to get going."