Warhammer 40k the MMO IS HERE! - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Warhammer 40k the MMO IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
My idea for a 40K MMO: Choose between Guard, Inquisition, and Space Marines. Guard and Inquisition get a squad of troops, rather than a single character; Guard focuses on general damage dealing and soaking attacks, Inquisition focuses on stealth and specialized damage dealing. Marines get to be all-around bad-asses.
Limiting it to just Imperium alienates 2/3rds of the potential player base. And if it's an MMO, you can have different races start at different areas, and eventually meet up.

And you bring in the casual gamer who might see a Lictor and got "OMG I got to play that!"

... not me, though. Bugs were created to get swatted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diremage View Post
Wippit: What about a Farseer? They used to wipe the field until all the anti-farseer units came out.
You know. Lets just lump all the Eldar into cheese and leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
Hopefully the 40K one does better than the Fantasy one.
I'd say it will. The problem with the fantasy one is that its in direct genre competition with WoW, which this is not.

From the (very little) footage available, it almost looks like a shooter-MMO, like Tabula Rasa. Very interesting if it is.

I think companies should stop making so many MMOS. Its a really risky business and a lot of companies have gone bankrupt making these things.

I'm looking forward to it, but then again I was looking forward to Warhammer Online and my devotion was scorned.

I'm hoping for a look at Eldar craftworlds. I run a 40k Eldar army, and I hope there is a harlequin class...

I'd say that a FFA would be the most logical. The closest things you get to alliances in 40K normally are things like Kroot/Tau. Even in things like the Eye of Chaos Camapaign, there was no real co-operation between sides. More an exploitation of what the others chose to do.

And the one thing I REALLY hope is that this doesn't end up like the Star Trek MMO. I was looking forward to that for 2 years, and it was horrible. I was bored of it in a week.

For me, this tipping point in that game was probably the time when I warped into a mission instance and at least a dozen green beams were hitting me before the Warp In animation had finished. Starting a battle at 60% shields was not fun.