Read thread remains highlighited - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Read thread remains highlighited

Read thread remains highlighited

I'm not too computer savy to know about bugs. But I think I've run into something that I have not seen before. When I go to click on a thread it is still high lighted as not being read in my games. I dont know if this has been mentioned before but thought I would let the Admins know.

You may try the button in the upper right corner of the thread - when you hover over it, it says mark this forum as read. If you click that, it should remove the highlight. Sometimes that is from other threads that are private or that you can't see that someone else has access to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by organizedChaos View Post
You may try the button in the upper right corner of the thread - when you hover over it, it says mark this forum as read. If you click that, it should remove the highlight. Sometimes that is from other threads that are private or that you can't see that someone else has access to.
You should also be able to double-click the folder icon to mark it as read. At least, it works that way from the main forum screen.

If you use the back button on your browser, you'll get an indication that what you've just read is unread. If refreshing doesn't make the indication go away, a second possibility is that there is a private thread hidden in that game/folder, in which case you have to follow CarpeGuitarrem's directions to mark the folder as read or click "Mark Forums Read" under Site Tools on the menu bar, which will mark everything on the site as read.

Also, if your game has private threads for specific people/groups.. sometimes you have to click the eye icon to mark all as read.

I've been having the same issue for the last week or 10 days actually. And it happens using both IE and Firefox, and on both my home and work PC's.