Movies of 2012 - Page 20 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Movies of 2012

I was wrong about Dredd 3D, it was actually way better than I expected.

Also, I saw looper the other day and it was pretty decent.

Silent hill revelations 3D is the movie that I have planned to watch this October. Rest avengers was the last movie that I last watched this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishra View Post
I, for one, cannot wait to see The Phantom Menace in 3D.

On a more serious note, there's The Dark Knight Rises, Avengers (just because), Prometheus (since I'm a Ripley fan), and of course The Hobbit. All of them I'm looking forward to.

Unsure of the Spiderman reboot and Wrath of the Titans. Might see the latter on a whim.

Heard that a Mass Effect movie was being released this year.
I for one liked the spider man reboot. Dude he has web shooters seeing them in action is cool. and the lizard is cool too. See the movie you will like it.

So I went to see Hotel Transylvania. Eh. It was all right. I think I had my expectations to high. I'm wishing we would have gone to see Taken2. At least there would have been death and violence. On the bright side the new ad for Rise of the Guardians looked really good.

Watched Avengers, thought it was pretty good. Looking forward to the Hobbit and Prometheus, the latter of which I just bought but haven't gotten around to watching yet. Not sure about the new Silent Hill movie. It looks promising, but I've never had much luck with movies based off videogames.

I finally got around to renting John Carter from Red Box. It was disappointing to me. The good news is I didn't pay admission for my wife and I. I want to see Dark Shadows or The Cabin in the Woods next I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melverne View Post
I want to see Dark Shadows or The Cabin in the Woods next I think.
Can't speak for Dark Shadows, though I haven't heard much good about it.

Cabin in the Woods was, IMHO, fantastic. I don't want to say too much because it's the type of movie you should go into without many expectations, but I put it in my top 5 movies of 2012 (so far).

I was hoping to see Argo this weekend, but those plans got a little shot. I'll be taking my sister to see Hotel Transylvania tomorrow, and hopefully see Argo next weekend.

I can't wait for The Hobbit. I finally saw Thor, The Avengers, Captain America and Dark Knight Rises all in the last two weeks. I enjoyed them all, with Avengers being my least favorite overall, even though Stark's comments were great. The whole ending was just too Dark Side of the Moon for me. At least there was a reason they didn't end the invasion sooner.

Dark Knight Rises was the big stunner for me. It got such bad reviews, and even those I knew gave terrible marks. I actually liked it better than Batman Begins and Dark Knight, aside from the amazing performance of Heath Ledger, the movie was better all around. Bale was easier to understand than Dark Knight, even though Bane was impossible to understand at times, as his strange androgynous voice in between growls was also off-putting, but it didn't make the movie as a whole worse.

Prometheus... I don't envy your purchase of it. Visual appeal had a very VERY short leash on this one for me. Every character acted, well, out of character. I could go on and on..