geographical term help - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

geographical term help

I had a look at the maps, but couldn't find the place you're talking about. You described the geology of the location, but not the ecology. Often this can have an effect on description. My ideas (and others already mentioned):

(if mostly treeless) meadowlands, grasslands, savanahh, plains, arable plains, black soil country, red soil country, moor, heathlands, tundra

(if undulating landscape with overall declination, with streams and copses) steppes, dales, glens, fells, dells, slopes

basin has a watery feel about it to me, you could try bowl? Valley would also work.

it can't be a vally because valleys are well... "V" shaped in that they come to a concaved point at the center.
i was looking around on several geographical sites my uncle uses (he's a geologist) then asked him and he could say nothing more then.
he claimed it to be "a rather steeply inclined, and large, fertil basin" it's the light green area correct?

it can't be a vally because valleys are well... "V" shaped in that they come to a concaved point at the center.
i was looking around on several geographical sites my uncle uses (he's a geologist) then asked him and he could say nothing more then.
he claimed it to be "a rather steeply inclined, and large, fertil basin" it's the light green area correct?

Thanks for checking. It is in fact the light green area. I did end up going with "valley" because "a rather steeply inclined, and large, fertil basin" was too cumbersome. :biggrin:

Kidding. In fact, I always sort of viewed it as a fetile basin.

Thanks for checking. It is in fact the light green area. I did end up going with "valley" because "a rather steeply inclined, and large, fertil basin" was too cumbersome. :biggrin:

Kidding. In fact, I always sort of viewed it as a fetile basin.

i think either way describes it. I was able to accuratly depict what it looked like before I checked the map. So it's good either way.

i think either way describes it. I was able to accuratly depict what it looked like before I checked the map. So it's good either way.