[RESOURCEs] - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

[RESOURCEs]

[RESOURCEs]

This will be a thread for GM resources. If you've got an idea that you think would help other GMs, this is the place for it!

Mission Progress

Main Mission: WhodunitMission Objectives and their status go here!

Faction Mission Progress
(No peeking!)

Items Found
(Available to use, but not keep)
  • Loot!

Do it YourselfTo use the format above, simply copy the code below and paste it into your own thread. Make any changes you need to fit your scenario, and enjoy!

Recruitment AD Template so nobody has to reinvent the wheel next time

GM Mapping Tools

A collection of mapping tools recommended by other GMs.
  • I must highly suggest using the spreadsheet tool from googledocs for beginners. It ain't pretty, but it is easy and fully online. - itsgottabeodin
  • MapTool. This is what I use for my PbP games. It's primarily of use to iRC games, but it is a snap to lay out a tactical situation, take a screenshot, and slap it into a post here on Myth Weavers. - Chemalle
  • I have used TTOPRPG for years as a mapper. I find that it uses less system resources then say Maptools. - Hunterindarkness
  • I use a combination of GIMP and Dundjinni. I have been using Dundjinni for years and have a large supply of user created artwork. GIMP is basically a freeware open source Photoshop, if you know what you are doing. I know enough to be dangerous. the feature I really like is the ability to use layers. I tend to have one layer for the background map, one layer for each character token, a layer for monsters, a layer or two for effects...suck as darkness, mist, or area of effect for spells. - TatteredKing
  • Might check out Ditzie as well. Run by a member of Myth-weavers, it's a whiteboard mapping too. - drkrough; I've moved to exclusively using ditzie. I highly recommend that as well. - itsgottabeodin

Free Scenarios for New GMs

The following scenarios and sanctioned modules are available for download at no charge from the Paizo website. Feel free to use one of these to "try before you buy".

Scenarios
  • First Steps, Part 1: In Service to Lore is the first of three introductory scenarios designed for new players. These scenarios can be replayed (and re-run) for credit as often as you like, subject to the Tier 1 replay rules in the Guide to Organized Play.

Sanctioned ModulesThese free modules have been approved for use in the Pathfinder Society Organized Play campaign. The rules for player rewards are a little different than for regular scenarios, so be sure to check the Guide to Organized Play.
  • Master of the Fallen Fortress is a short level 1 adventure designed for players new to Pathfinder Society Organized Play. It can be played by any first level PC, and re-played (and re-run) for credit subject to the replay rules in the Guide to Organized Play. Additionally, it is legal- but not recommended- to play through once for credit with a second level character.
  • We be Goblins! is a fun, short adventure that puts players in a unique position: Seeing the world from the eyes of hilariously evil goblins! Players use one of the four provided pregenerated characters, and apply the credit to their own first level characters. This module can be re-played (and re-run) for credit subject to the replay rules in the Guide to Organized Play. Additionally, it is legal to play through once for credit with a second level character.
  • We be Goblins, Too! is a Tier 2-4 adventure that is a sequel to the much beloved We be Goblins. The Famous Heroes of the now destroyed Licktoad tribe must pass a series of very dangerous tests before the Birdcruncher goblins will accept them into the tribe. Play one of the included pregenerated characters, and once again experience the world through the eyes of a goblin.
  • Risen from the Sands is a Tier 2-4 adventure set in the desert wastes of Osirion. The fabled tomb of the Pharaoh of the Sphinxes has been uncovered, and it is up to you brave adventurers to learn its secrets and recover it's lost wealth before other, unscrupulous, interests can arrive. This adventure includes pregenerated characters using rules from the new Advanced Class Guide.
  • Dawn of the Scarlet Sun is a Tier 4-7 adventure that takes place in the coastal city of Magnimar. Note that the provided pregenerated characters are not legal for PFS Organized Play.

Group Ditzie Account

We have established a "group" ditzie account, in which we try to keep most PC Tokens as well as maps from Scenarios that have previously run. Bear with us, this is a work in progress.

Links to:
GALLERY | HOW TO USE DITZIE

EMPTY MAP
Icons from left to right:
Misc. Resources, PC Tokens, Monster Tokens, Flip Mats, Maps (Season 0&1), Maps (2), Maps (3), Maps (4), Maps(Specials)

Scenarios with Maps Included
  • Specials: FS1, FS2, FS3
  • Modules: WBG, FoR
  • Season 0: 01, 04, 05, 07, 08, 23, 24
  • Season 1: 29, 30, 33, 35, 37, 39, 41, 43, 47, 48, 49, 51, 52
  • Season 2: 01, 02, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 25
  • Season 3: 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 13, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25
  • Season 4: 01, 02, 04, 05, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16
  • Flip Maps: Even if the Scenario isn't in here, chances are you'll be able to cobble something together from the Flip Maps.
    Note: If you can't find the map you're looking for, try the Flip Maps (especially if is marked as such in the scenario).

I am more than happy to continue the tradition of the coordinator reporting games for people. The Event I made for reporting these games is:

How to get started on Ditzie instructions:

To get going properly, you should make an account. You can do that by clicking the "Register" link in the top right of this page:

http://beta.ditzie.com/gallery/main.php

Once you do that and you're logged in, you can add maps and tokens etc. by clicking "Your Album", again in the top right, then clicking "Add Items", and uploading the jpgs etc. I usually deal with cropping and resizing jpgs in MS Paint because it's really easy.

Then, when you have everything set up, point your browser to:
http://beta.ditzie.com/your_ditzie_username (Mine is http://beta.ditzie.com/greycloak)

and you'll find your maps and tokens there.