Free Encounter Mapper? - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Free Encounter Mapper?

Excel +2. All I use, and it can have some pretty decent maps, IMO.

Stealing maps from my games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weishan View Post
Gotta disagree on the WotC dungeon mapper. It's inflexible and uncustomizable. Also, the interface is god-awful.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
As for Excel, I really fail to see why people keep thinking it's a good idea. It has grid - so does Inkscape which is at least a grapihcs program.
The reason, I believe, is because for most people there is no learning curve involved. It's fast. easy, and they have it already.

I used Excel a lot, but it really falls down on some departments. Of course, it has good things to it, and especially criative people, like Roi, can make awesome use of it. Nowadays, though, I use Inkscape; though the basic grid I still steal from Excel, since I'm too lazy to actually make one in Inkscape (though it is not difficult at all, just tedious work).

Inkscape, for me, does the basic stuff that I need; circles and lines (yay, I can put people and walls on the map =P), along with letters and such, and some nifty features for background, coloring and such. It's pretty basic, but's it's all that I need.

Well, if you want really basic but quick and easy this looks like a really useful tool. I've never seen it before but someone just posted in the intros forum.

http://home.broadpark.no/~hfled/

That's kinda cool.. just have to make a few adjustments, and figure out how to make it do doors/border effects.

Edit: Actually, it seems to do better if I reverse my thinking.