Converting Farland Magic Items - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Converting Farland Magic Items

Interrupt takes place before the action that cuases them. So, they attempt to attack, you can use your interrupt power, which lets you move them away, or attack another target. Similiar to the fighters Combat Superiority feature, if you were to attempt to charge past a fighter, and they hit you with an AoO; the triggering action was the charge, but because you were stopped before it was completed, you lose your action. It takes place immediately before the tirggering event.

Interrupts only stop the action if the effect does so. Being dazed would not, unless they had already acted for the round, and in any case, would not allow you to redirect the action. It would have to specifically say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithobi1 View Post
Interrupts only stop the action if the effect does so. Being dazed would not, unless they had already acted for the round, and in any case, would not allow you to redirect the action. It would have to specifically say so.
Sith, the item allows you to dominate the creature, not daze it. Read it again.

Oh, okay. In that case, you're right, dominating it wouldn't stop you from being hit.

How about this, then, in order to make it slightly more powerful.

Helm of Fire Dominion Level 21

This powerful helm, crafted for the High King of the Kingdom of Farland in its hey-day, is intricately carved and polished; flames are perpetually reflected in the burgeoned surfaces of the helm even when the wearer is not near fire.

Slot: Head 225,000 gp

Property: Gain resist 10 fire.
Power (Daily): Minor action. Make an attack against a monster with the Fire keyword: Ranged 5/10; +24 vs. Will; on a hit, you dominate the monster until the start of your next turn.

It's strange that it has a long range, since you're not using any sort of projectile. Perhaps just make it ranged 10.

Next itemShield of Rooting Level 8+

Created for the dwarven hero Thetak, this shield blazes with arcane runes that root enemies to the spot.

Lvl 8 3400
Lvl 18 85,000

Item Slot: Arms
Power (Daily): Free Action. Use this power when you score a critical hit. The target is immobilized (save ends).
Level 18: The target is restrained instead of immobilized.

Please give comments. Also, it could probably use a better name.

Ensnaring Shield?

I'm not personally a fan of crit-effects, but this is, in my opinion, definitely not overpowered.

How about changing it to Power (encounter). Makes it more worthwhile. Might want to take it up a level if you do that.

As far as a new name, how about an
Alternatively, an escutcheon
Crest of Anchoring?

How about this for an alternate version... Both could easily exist. Mine might need to be a higher level.

Alternate VersionShield of Steadfastness Level 8+

Created for the dwarven hero Thetak, this shield blazes with arcane runes that root enemies to the spot.

Lvl 8 3400
Lvl 18 85,000

Item Slot: Arms
Power (Encounter): Minor Action. You are immune to push/pull effects until the end of your turn.

I like your idea, Squeak. I will add it to this month's update.