The Walking Dead game, ep. 5 - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead game, ep. 5

I hate to derail, but I bought 999 recently and haven't gotten around to it... maybe that'll be a good Thanksgiving Weekend activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
Just finished my Episode 5.. Seriously.. My game of the year.. It was a great chapter. Emotionally moving.. Game's 12 bucks on steam right now and worth every penny.. That was the best story I've ever had the privilege of playing through in a video game.
This.

So... that was really really short.

Don't get me wrong, the episode was fantastic. But did they really need an entirely new episode for this? Couldn't they have just tacked it on the end of episode 4?

Oh, right, then they couldn't charge another $5 a head for an entirely new episode -.-

I found it short too. I wondered if it was because my previous decisions led me to face the beginning alone with Ben so not a lot of interaction to be had there.

When it ended I found myself shocked and a but frustrated it was over.

Having the last part be longer than all the other episodes would have been a treat, but I guess it wasn't in the cards.

Maybe that one part was short but overall the game is well worth the money you pay. Definitely more game play for 25 bucks than you get in many 60 dollar games.

I can't remember the last time I bought a game for $60 that didn't last me at least 20 hours :P But I get what you're saying.

I agree that it was worth the $20 I spent for it, but I was a bit annoyed at the short length of the last episode. It was about 1/3 as long as each of the previous ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
I can't remember the last time I bought a game for $60 that didn't last me at least 20 hours :P But I get what you're saying.
A lot of games if you don't multiplayer you'll get less than 20.. Modern Warfare is the best example I can think of.. I believe I got through the single player of Modern Warfare 2 in about 7 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
A lot of games if you don't multiplayer you'll get less than 20.. Modern Warfare is the best example I can think of.. I believe I got through the single player of Modern Warfare 2 in about 7 hours.
As I said, I can't remember the last time *I* bought a game that lasted less than 20 hours. I don't do multiplayer, so I focus on games with strong single player components.

*spoilers*

I played the game all the way through and I have to say I didn't find EP5 to be shorter than EP3 which was the shortest in my experience.

However unless you managed to convince all the group to follow you at the end of EP4 I can understand EP5 feeling a lot shorter than all the others.

I think that if you don't loot the car, probably the other survivors still do or the Stranger gives another excuse? Can anyone confirm this?

I am probably going to give the whole game another go and this time make Lee be an asshole.

PS: I ****ing hate Ben, even after saving him 5 times he still proves to be completely useless.

I'm considering playing through again, but making some choices I didn't last time. Like letting Ben die, for starters.