Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones - Page 16 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones

You guys remember this stuff from the AD&D Dungeons Masters Guide. I use to pour over that Volume for hours filling my young brain with its information. At one point I could run the game without even looking at the hit charts for each class and monster man those were the days lol.

I remember when I could recite Skills & Powers nearly word for word. It was the only PHB we ever used when it came out. Splitting prime abilities was genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excior View Post
You guys remember this stuff from the AD&D Dungeons Masters Guide. I use to pour over that Volume for hours filling my young brain with its information. At one point I could run the game without even looking at the hit charts for each class and monster man those were the days lol.
You and me both! The first copy of the DMG that I owned would fall open to the "To Hit" tables. I think I was one of the few who rejoiced a 2nd Edition's introduction of THAC0...

I used the tables and references on adventure building straight up through 3rd Edition - and only stopped because I had to offload a bunch of my RPG stuff to make room for a smaller house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMorganes View Post
I think I was one of the few who rejoiced a 2nd Edition's introduction of THAC0...
Hell no you weren't! Hit modifiers based on ranged and armor classes were WAYYY too bothersome to keep track of at all times. I could have did backflips with that change from 1st to 2nd edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
Your on the list Murp and welcome to the weave!
Thanks a lot! I am available for PMs as well, sorry I didn't mention it in my initial post.

So how do people on the list normally organize games? Are they done on this site by Pbp or do people use something like Maptool or skype?

Cool! Fixed!

You are only allowed to play games on the forums here if you advertise here for players. You should read through the site regs, they will help. I recommend looking at several games and the way the DMs are running them before starting up your own... if you haven't played by post before. There are a few gotchas that new PbP DMs just don't consider if you don't look around.

To clarify a potential point of confusion, if you advertise here for players, the game must be on this site. You can run a game here with a group of friends you already got together elsewhere with no need to advertise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMorganes View Post
I used the tables and references on adventure building straight up through 3rd Edition - and only stopped because I had to offload a bunch of my RPG stuff to make room for a smaller house.
So much RPG stuff that getting rid of it makes room for a house. The good doctor is awesome.

I am in the process of launching a new AD&D 1e game.

The details are here:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=169147

I have a great group so far, and I could fit in ONE more player. If you are interested in joining, please PM me ASAP. I can catch you up fairly quickly.

Requirements: Active/dedicated players only. You must be able to post about once a day, within reason.