Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones - Page 14 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones

It has been pretty quiet for a while. We may have all the old schoolers that care to introduce themselves.

As far as the 2e deal it seems like the number of AD&D games is suffering a bit as of late.

I'd be willing to play it... not DM it though. Put up a game planning thread and see if there are any bites.

I too much going on at the moment to run anything. Work has been claiming too much of my free time lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae S View Post
I'd be willing to play it... not DM it though. Put up a game planning thread and see if there are any bites.
I have in the past and nobody seems to want to tackle it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excior View Post
I have in the past and nobody seems to want to tackle it lol
I might consider running a 2nd edition game, although it isn't my -favorite- system, it's at least within shooting distance. Was this in reference to the Greyhawk Ruins module specifically, or Black Wyvern's comment about needing more 2nd edition games?

Ex is looking for someone to run Greyhawk Ruins. I actually said we could use more AD&D games, not specifically 2e. Hackmaster, 1e, 2e, OSRIC, AEC all would be good to see more of.

Hmmm... I'd have to think carefully before diving into something like Greyhawk Ruins... that's a loooooot of reading to do right off the bat. Maybe though.

I'm working on an AD&D game at the moment. I have most of the plots, maps, encounters, etc created, just trying to figure out the logistics of running a pbp game here.

Since it's my first GM attempt here, I'm doing as much upfront effort as I can to make sure it succeeds.

Once I get confident/brave/foolhardy enough, I'll launch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
Tefarek,

1st or 2nd edition?
1st Edition...Although anyone who enjoys old school style D&D would be fine.