Let's Play Guild Wars 2!! - Page 6 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Let's Play Guild Wars 2!!

I ended up switching to Tarnished Coast myself. Sea of Sorrows filled up so fast that my group got split up almost instantly due to not everyone being able to join.

Hey, I am real interested in the game, but due to my budget being terribly low it really should be worth it.

Is it worth it if it's probably the only, or only one of two games I'm going to buy this year?

And is there some sort of trial version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerim View Post
Hey, I am real interested in the game, but due to my budget being terribly low it really should be worth it.

Is it worth it if it's probably the only, or only one of two games I'm going to buy this year?

And is there some sort of trial version?
This game is absolutely worth it if it's the only or one of the only games you buy.

There is no trial version yet, no.

That is too bad.

Hmm.... I'll probably buy it then, and if it isn't as great as I thought, I'll delete everything on the account and sell it on to someone else, or is that forbidden?

Don't know about it being "forbidden," but it shouldn't be an issue. Though the game is linked to your Anet account, so you'll have to sell the whole account to sell the game, if that's a route you want to go.

I don't think they'll be issuing a trial system any time soon, and it's unlikely the price will come down within the first 6 months either. I would suggest you take the time to do some research, watch some gameplay videos, and really get to know the game before purchasing it.

How is the grouping done, etc. Like is their some sort of "group finder" type system that gathers you up automatically or do you have to spend the first 20m looking for people and waiting for the healer to finish smoking, etc before starting. That's one of the most frustrating things about MMO's to me, too many of them leave you up to your own initiative to get into a group and frankly I'd rather go play solo than sit in town in a LFG chat trying to scrape a group up together. Killing monsters within 5m is a top priority for me.

I'm still fairly "early" in the game, being only level 25, but I've yet to actually need a group, for, well, anything. The really big events that happen, people just naturally flock to, because that's a good chunk of XP, and they're also legitimately fun. Earlier today I was clearing out a cave of some centaurs, and a "kill the chieftan" event spawned right on top of me. I was running out of that cave system as fast as my legs could carry me, because there was no chance for me to come close to killing him. I get out of the cave with the guy hot on my heels, and there were about 20 players waiting for him, I didn't know any of them.

I've yet to see anything like a "raid" though. I think the game has them, but I'm not positive. Your mileage my vary, of course.

The first dungeon is Ascalonian Catacombs at level 30, it is in the Charr starting area. It has a story mode, and then at level 35 you can do an exploration mode with more bosses.

But yeah, I've rarely grouped up for anything. The game makes you naturally work as a group of players. It has its upsides, but also its downsides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdle View Post
The first dungeon is Ascalonian Catacombs at level 30, it is in the Charr starting area. It has a story mode, and then at level 35 you can do an exploration mode with more bosses.

But yeah, I've rarely grouped up for anything. The game makes you naturally work as a group of players. It has its upsides, but also its downsides.
The downside being that you don't really get to know anybody. It's just sort of a horde of faceless characters. May as well be NPCs, tbqh.