Third Party Presidential Debate - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Third Party Presidential Debate

I think it's missing nuance like most such quizzes, but the results were fairly accurate in my view. Definitely find myself leaning more towards social libertarianism though rather than being closer to the middle as portrayed here.

That's only because you have a fixed American perspective. The US as a whole is very far right compared to much of the rest of the world. For instance, by Canadian standards, I'm a Centrist in practice. By most US standards I'm practically a Communist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savayan View Post
That's only because you have a fixed American perspective. The US as a whole is very far right compared to much of the rest of the world.
This.

The questions in the second quiz are horribly lacking in nuance. I find myself wanting to answer "sometimes" to a great many of them.

The first quiz had answers much more in line with my opinions, although I think that the few questions that I gave custom responses to pushed my score further right.

The second quiz made me out to be a leftest, with slight tendency towards anarchy. This is certainly incorrect, and I believe that it stems from lack of nuance in the test questions rather than intentionally trying to convince people that they should support leftest leaders and agendas, mainly on the old assume stupidity before malice line of reasoning.

Well, maybe, but the compass on the first page is entirely US political candidates and says "The US Presidential Election 2012" so it should be based off the US perspective.

"Astrology accurately explains many things." - is there a pro-astrology party I'm unaware of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ben View Post
Well, maybe, but the compass on the first page is entirely US political candidates and says "The US Presidential Election 2012" so it should be based off the US perspective.

"Astrology accurately explains many things." - is there a pro-astrology party I'm unaware of?
The site itself isn't entirely American and I just happened to link to the political rating to he US presidential election as it is currently relevant, haha. I'm sure if it reflected how we Americans see things then Obama would be the second coming of Hitler.

I look into how the political compass is built can be found here

http://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2

Quote:
That's only because you have a fixed American perspective. The US as a whole is very far right compared to much of the rest of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
This.
This. So. Much.

Obama's so close to Romney on a political compass, they might owe each other several dates. It's true that Obama strikes the average American as a leftist, but he's not.

It's good to see some people caring about third party candidates. I feel like their advanced popularity this election has a lot to do with the Facebook generation turning 18, and the fact that quite honestly, both major party candidates are just plain awful. But whatever the reason, I think it's a good thing.

Also, I feel that that test is too short to accurately measure where you are politically. I suggest Political Compass. Nobody cares, but I'm deep into the lower left quadrant.