Exalted sheet online - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Exalted sheet online

To try to be helpful I'll add the following:
  1. I play / run Second Edition Exalted.
  2. I play / run more than just Solar characters in Exalted. The Ability chart in the sample sheet does not reflect Lunars, Sidereals, or others. I'm not trying to blame any-one or find fault, but I would like to recommend either multiple charts or customizable Ability charts.
  3. Jade-born can have six pips in any Ability normally; I recommend increasing the pip limit to ten, rather than five.
  4. Every Ability, for Exalts, is either Normal, Favored, or Caste. These are marked as blank, F, and C, normally. It'd be nice to be able to fill that little box next to the pips for each Ability with one of those letters.
  5. There are some Backgrounds that are six pips, normally, and as a GameMaster I would like this function in a character sheet.
  6. Health levels are based on Stamina when I run a game. This is a House Rule, yes, but allowing the User to increase their character's Health Levels directly will save lots of note-taking-space. There are charms that give direct Health Levels.
  7. There are three ( or more ) types of Damage that fill in a Health Level when it is used. In Exalted it's customary to be able to mark each box with the type of Damage filling it.
  8. Charm names are long! Thirty-character lines, including spaces, should cover most needs in that area.

...having said all that, thanks for making progress on an Exalted sheet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Do intimacies need radio buttons (if so, how many), check boxes (if so, how many) or generic input (if so, how many)
5 check boxes or one text input field next to each intimacy should be enough for most games. 6 boxes if you're going to put in a place for flaws and merits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionist View Post
Character sheets going up to Essence 5 are suitable for most games until such time as they go on long enough that the characters have broken past a full century in age. Essence caps are limited by age - you can only get Ess 6 at a hundred years old, Ess 7 at 250 to 499, Ess 8 at 500 to 999, and you'll need to be 1,000 years or older for Ess 9 and 10. Depending on the game, this may or may not be a concern - some games are low-scale ones, others are epic adventures that span all of Creation. The longer a game goes on in years in-universe, the greater chance there'll be someone who'll go for higher Essence.

Now. Some particular splats have Charms that permit the user to break the age-imposed Essence cap (namely, 'Glory to the Most High'/'World-Ending Void Apostle'), but these are temporary measures; GttMH only lasts for one day, and it's only in that day that the Solar's Essence is increased; in times when it's not active, he's still the lower Essence for all other considerations.
You forgot Ascendancy Mantle of (Yozi), which is only temporary in that there's an Essence 6 Charm in the same book that would allow the player to replace it with Ascendancy Mantle of (Self).

I can picture you starting to regret this sheet Mike. Heh.

You know guys, you are getting into too much detail. Exalted has like 15 different sheets. If you want this sheet to contemplate all the possibilities you will end up with a section with stats, a section with abilities, a section with charms, a section with health levels, a section with intimacies, motivations, flaws and merits and everything will be blank and you will have to fill up everything. And I think the sheet loses the point when you have to do that. It just saves you the trouble of formatting the text of the post where you are going to keep your sheet.

Solaroids and Dragonbloods can share one sheet, though DB Ability groupings are different from Solaroid standard. Lunars will need another to accommodate Caste/Favored Attributes, Heart's Blood, Knacks, Spirit Shape, and War Form. Sidereals add Colleges to the Solaroid sheet and have different Ability groupings. Alchemicals add Caste/Favored Attributes and Charms on retainer.

Mortals, God-Bloods, Raksha, Gods, Ghosts. Counting every possible playable splat (and I likely missed some) and folding in some, that's nine possible sheets. Which is Exalted for you.

All told, it might not have been the best idea to make a sheet for Exalted, as ultimately the best sheet is one you can fill in yourself and edit at will, ie a blank forum post - that way, you don't have to worry about not being able to fill in missing bits. There is no such thing as a unified sheet for all Exalted.

Of course, you could go with a Solaroid sheet and let the other splats complain as they may. Inter-splat strife is nothing new in anything nearby Exalted.

Quote:
Mortals, God-Bloods, Raksha, Gods, Ghosts. Counting every possible playable splat (and I likely missed some) and folding in some, that's nine possible sheets. Which is Exalted for you.
Dragon Kings, Mountain Folk, and Akuma.

...and of course I did miss the ones in the Scroll of Fallen Races.

Though Akuma are a template added on to the base Exalt type and not a separate splat in themselves, in the same way as other Exalts are.

Quote:
Solaroids and Dragonbloods can share one sheet, though DB Ability groupings are different from Solaroid standard.
Solved by removing the groupings altogether.

Quote:
Lunars will need another to accommodate Caste/Favored Attributes, Heart's Blood, Knacks, Spirit Shape, and War Form. Sidereals add Colleges to the Solaroid sheet and have different Ability groupings. Alchemicals add Caste/Favored Attributes and Charms on retainer.
Did you miss the part where I mentioned I don't actually play Exalted? How the heck should I know what a hearts blood, knack spirit shape, war form or college should look on a sheet.

[rest of rant deleted]

You guys are the players. Tell me what will most broadly suit the most versions, and I'll build it.

If you feel building an exalted sheet is not worth it, or feel like generally discussing exalted, or showing off your knowledge of the system, feel free to post in some other thread.

My apologies. Splatism's a bastard, and Exalted enforces too many splat differences that an attempt at a single, unified sheet is ultimately doomed to failure. You can't please everyone, but - if you'll pardon my saying so - there's no way you'll be pleasing anyone at all.

You can do, say, a Fighter or a Wizard on the same sheet, but you can't do the same for Solars versus Lunars or Sidereals. You'll receive complaints as to why this splat isn't supported by the sheet, which is clearly favouring Solaroids. The incomprehensible gibberish as quoted will be your main source of bitching, to start with. (And ye gods, the complaints from Lunar players - when we say there's at least one thread bitching about Lunars on WW's Exalted forum, we're not kidding.)

Also, Exalted 3rd Edition is being released in December, so more headaches on that count.

You will need Tick Boxes by each of the Attributes as well, since Lunars and (I believe) Alchemicals can have favored Attributes rather than Skills.

This is a change I think everybody can agree on that wont impact those playing solars abyssals and infernals but will make play for lunars easier. Things like Hearts Blood can go in misc sections and Knacks will do just fine in the Charms section.