fighter fix, new approach - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

fighter fix, new approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam View Post
Additions in Italics.
Interesting, but jump is the skill you use for leap attack, a staple of THF.
Two weapon fighting needs a skill that's on the ranger's skill list. Sense motive is good for sword and board, but I don't know what feats could work. Maybe weapon/armor proficiency/focus? And unarmed is supposed to be something you'd use for a monk's abilities.

Agile Shield Fighter? The various shield feats such as Shield Ward, etc? PHB2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Agile Shield Fighter? The various shield feats such as Shield Ward, etc? PHB2.
I don't have that, sadly. And I wasn't thinking about this at the time, but It should probably only require feats found in the SRD, maybe Tome of Battle, because you'll need that anyways.

Agile Shield Fighter is just TWF with a weapon and a shield (bash).

Also, you'd have a hard time coming up with a lot of fighter feats without using the PHB2. It has a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Agile Shield Fighter is just TWF with a weapon and a shield (bash).

Also, you'd have a hard time coming up with a lot of fighter feats without using the PHB2. It has a lot.
Probably. I decided on combat expertise for Sword and shield though - it's the basis for a feat tree.

Doesn't mean you can't add other stuff. And it's part of the Shield Bash feat tree I think. Not in front of me at the moment.

Here's the start of the unarmed maneuvers. Initiator level is the standard tables for tome of battle. Should I change that?
Unarmed maneuvers:

1st level - gained at initiator level 1
Flurry, lesser, -strike- 1 extra attack a -2 penalty
2nd level - gained at initiator level 3
Fast movement, -stance- Boost to base speed of 10ft/3level
Ki strike, -strike- Bypass one-half your balance ranks of Damage Reduction4th
3rd level - gained at initiator level 5
Windwalk, -boost- slow your falls and gain a +4 bonus to Reflex saves, balance checks.

What do you think?

If it can be helped...I for one would greatly appreciate not using the Maneuver system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam View Post
If it can be helped...I for one would greatly appreciate not using the Maneuver system.
That's okay...