Gibberish Language Tags - Page 8 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Gibberish Language Tags

have we got a draconic language for this yet? if not i have a block of text from a draconic language translator

if you need it in a text file just let me know

I'm gonna see if I can't dig up a selection of r'lyheian to use as Abberant/Far Realm speak for 4e.

Sorry for the double post, but I have approximately 2.21 kb of gibberish R'hlyehian that can be used for abbyssal, or Far Realm speak, or.... well, R'hlyehian. I also have a .txt file that you can use for it.

The idea isn't a direct translation. It's just to provide gibberish for the Lang tags to work off of. And honestly? I'm not gonna spend thrity minutes trying to figure out how to have my abyssal demon shout "Bring me their heads!" When it isn't really necessary. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerian View Post
have we got a draconic language for this yet? if not i have a block of text from a draconic language translator

if you need it in a text file just let me know
Draconic is a fairly popular language for Wizards in both Pathfinder and D&D, but each player may have their own view on how the language may sound or look. What happens if you want to have your Draconic with more of a Czech feel to it? Or, on the other hand, Quenya or Sindarin are good Elvish languages but what if you want Elvish with more of a Finnish or Welsh feel to it? Is there a way to use the language tags to output that mouseover for only people with the language on their sheet to see, but instead of generating random gibberish you can enter your own custom text?

Actually, nevermind, I figured it out.

[ LANG="Draconic" ] Optional Text; Speech [ /LANG ]

The custom text I enter goes in optional text, and then the thing I want people to see goes in speech, right?