Gibberish Language Tags - Page 6 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Gibberish Language Tags

Doing so would be very system-specific. For example, in the Star Wars RPG, droids with a translator unit have to roll an Intelligence check, with the DC being dependent on the quality of the translator unit. There is also a Force Technique where it is automatic (if the target is willing), or the skill check (Use the Force) has to beat the target's Will Defense (if the target is unwilling). In only one system, we already have two methods to code for. Considering all systems is bound to be excessive.

A far easier method is to just add the language into your character sheet. If it's temporary, remove it once the effect wears off.

It looks fine to me. What behavior are you not expecting?

When I was viewing it earlier it had some weird translated word (no idea what) and then an ampersand before each sentence. Doesn't seem to be doing that now...

I'm still having trouble with the code. I tried viewing it in Chrome and Firefox so I'm reasonably sure it's not my browser. It translated the text to wookiee but there's no mouse over to english. I can't find any problems with how I wrote the code so if someone can look this over I would appreciate it.

link

Definitely a problem at your end, it displays just fine for me. Check with your players, find out what they see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantra99 View Post
I'm still having trouble with the code. I tried viewing it in Chrome and Firefox so I'm reasonably sure it's not my browser. It translated the text to wookiee but there's no mouse over to english. I can't find any problems with how I wrote the code so if someone can look this over I would appreciate it.

link

The problem is with your char sheet I think . You have "Shyriiwook" on your CS, check the spelling compared to what you used in the lang tags. It has to be exactly the same. Your getting the exact same issue someone would who doesn't speak the language, so I'm guessing it's a misplaced blank space or a typo that's doing it.