Jumping In - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Jumping In

Jumping In

Good afternoon!

I created a Myth Weavers account about a year ago while searching for options to handle bluebooking for my face-to-face Rogue Trader campaign. Well, life got away from me and I never really did anything with it. Now I'm jumping in and seeing what I can get involved in.

Back in college, I used to game 3-4 times a week, not counting online forum games I did now and then. Naturally, real jobs, marriage, and kids sort of eats into my schedule for getting together with my buddies to slay orcs and dragons. So here I am, looking to maybe exercise some of my creative brain muscles while the kids are either at preschool or taking naps.

If you see me applying for one of your games, I apologize in advance for any initial clumsiness or n00bish behavior as I get used to the Myth Weavers interface. I've done play-by-post before (both in old school forums and on Hero Central) so I know the style. I fancy myself a reasonably decent writer, and I love creating and developing characters in a story. Hopefully, we can have some fun together.

That's my two bits about my own self. I'll be seeing you around the board.

- Lonewalker

I'm sure you'll do great around here. The only thing I'd say that sets Myth-Weavers aside from other PbP sites is the number and quality of applications you'll see for just about every Pathfinder or D&D game you want to get into. It's competitive, and you'll want to take the time to learn the format of a good app, and show off that writing ability when you can.

Sometimes it takes a while to get the hang of it and get into games, but it shouldn't be too long, there's new games opening up every week.

Good luck and welcome!

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I'll be sure to put my best effort in writing.

Looking forward to it.

- Lonewalker