Quick questions and answers - Page 25 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Edit: And I apparently misread your entire question, whoo.

There are a couple, but they're not easy to get, especially as a cleric.

Easiest is actually the feat Easy Metamagic. Its from a dragon magazine, so not many people will allow it. It requires a metamagic feat with +2 or higher adjustment, and when you take it, choose any one metamagic feat. When you use that feat, it costs 1 less adjustment(To a min of +1).

Practical Metamagic is next. Practical Metamagic is only available to spontaneous spellcasters with the dragonblood subtype, and it does the same thing Easy Metamagic does. Its in Races of the Dragon(Or maybe Dragon Magic...I always forget which feats are in which).

There are classes out there that reduce metamagic. Incanatrix does that, and for clerics, Dweormerkeeper from CD web enhancement has it as a capstone ability as well. Though if you're using BreakGameMorekeeper, lowering metamagic is something small to worry about it.

Arcane Thesis can only be applied to arcane spells, but it lowers the cost of feats by 1(I believe it was errated to only apply to a single metamagic feat, wheras if you take it as is it applies to every metamagic feat on the spell. Not sure on that)

Metamagic School Focus is usable 3/day, and its probably the most effective way for a cleric to lower costs for metamagicking. It lets you 3/day lower the costs of applying metamagic to spell as long as the spell is from the school you specify when you take the feat.

The problem is, outside of easy metamagic, Extra Turning will be more useful to a DMM cleric than anything else for getting more DMM spells out there.

What's DMM stand for? EDIT:...just figured out...DMM=Divine Metamagic

Ya, I looked at a couple of those as options, but I think the
When you take this feat, choose a metamagic feat that you have. This feat applies only to that metamagic feat. As a free action, you can take the energy from turning or rebuking undead and use it to apply a metamagic feat to divine spells that you know. You must spend one turn or rebuke attempt, plus an additional attempt for each level increase in the metamagic feat you’re using. For example, Jozan the cleric could sacrifi ce three turn attempts to empower a holy smite he’s casting. Because you’re using positive or negative energy to augment your spells, the spell slot for the spell doesn’t change.

Special: This feat may be taken multiple times. Each
time you take this feat choose a different metamagic feat to
which to apply it.
Divine Metamagic (C.Divine p80) feat is the best way to go. Course...in order to persist even two spells, you'll need to spend a ton of turning...hmmm I guess if you're going that route you spend even more feats for extra turning and whatnot.

Reliquary Holy Symbol is a useful item from MiC. It should add at least 2 turning attempts(1 attempt for having 5 ranks in k:religion, one attempt for having a divine feat, such as DMM persist, and 1 attempt if you have the extra turning feat).

There are a couple domains that could be useful. Undeath gives Extra Turning as a bonus feat, Planning gives Extend Spell(So you save a feat to get persist).

Cleric 3. Domains: Planning/Undeath. Persistent Spell, DMM Persistent Spell.

With a reliquary holy symbol, you have 10+Cha turning attempts per day, and if you nab DMM Extend(Or a rod of extend, or just manually extend it the hard way) you can cycle one extended and one persisted spell each day(Extended persisted spell lasts 48 hours, so you buff one spell on day 1, buff a second spell on day 2, buff first spell on day 3, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff Capers View Post
Course...in order to persist even two spells, you'll need to spend a ton of turning...hmmm I guess if you're going that route you spend even more feats for extra turning and whatnot.
Libris Mortis. Page 78. Nightstick. It stacks with itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viletta Vadim View Post
Libris Mortis. Page 78. Nightstick. It stacks with itself.
Although as written, this is true, the DM's I've played with have all house-ruled they did not.

I suspect it does, as the SRD leads me to believe it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.d20srd.org/srd/exploration.htm#tableCommonArmorWeaponAndShieldHardnessAndHitPoints
Acid and sonic attacks deal damage to most objects just as they do to creatures; roll damage and apply it normally after a successful hit. Electricity and fire attacks deal half damage to most objects; divide the damage dealt by 2 before applying the hardness. Cold attacks deal one-quarter damage to most objects; divide the damage dealt by 4 before applying the hardness.
That quote, and the fact that it doesn't exclude magic anywhere, leads me to believe that spells do get affected by hardness, and also subject to these energy modifiers.

Gracias. I suppose other damage forms like force and divine still bypass pretty much everything, including hardness.