Shrapnel Shells - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Shrapnel Shells

Excellent. Thank you.

Additionally, I also have problems with the same weapons catapulting napalm at people. Uhh... would that also be defended against w/ testudo?

Well, this is a good Testudo, covers front, top & sides, some however don't cover the side.

So, I'd say that this wouldn't completely stop napalm, but it would lessen it, and if there is risk of catching fire, I'd allow it to lower the chance by 5 - 15%.

I think it depends on how the napalm hits them. If it falls straight from the sky, the shields could hypothetically act as umbrellas and redirect most of the napalm to fall between each soldier. If you don't want complete avoidance, let them roll dexterity to keep their feet away from any napalm that slips through.
An explosive nearby would probably spray napalm between the shields, and hit a few of the soldiers.

I'm really enjoying this batch of ideas, absent, keep up the good work.

Aye, it does make interesting thinking... and I may nick a few for my campaign... I love having more material planes than I can count, lets me use everything, even if they make no sense together.

Welcome to the plane of Romans versus the Germans?

Didn't think of an aimed stream of napalm before, I should think that would have much more effect on the Testudo, maybe only having 50% or so blocked, and the troops not being able to advance without fire damage as the blocked napalm pools in front of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleet View Post
Welcome to the plane of Romans versus the Germans?

Didn't think of an aimed stream of napalm before, I should think that would have much more effect on the Testudo, maybe only having 50% or so blocked, and the troops not being able to advance without fire damage as the blocked napalm pools in front of them.
I play - fire elementals. Hooray fire.

AW, have you ever considered catapulting elementals at them?

Tzeentch, it's been a while since I laughed as hard as I did when I pictured elementals launched through the air, and the poor soldiers watching as it lands right on top of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleet View Post
Tzeentch, it's been a while since I laughed as hard as I did when I pictured elementals launched through the air, and the poor soldiers watching as it lands right on top of them.
Its a great image. Earth = Pancakes, Fire = Barbecue, Water = Drowned, Wind = Blown Away... Omnielemental = Barbecued Pankane Porridge being blown at the enemies.

Omnimental indeed. I found that entry by accident. Now I want to use it. ^.^

Thanks for all the help. I've gone with the idea of letting tower shields => provide cover and improving the reflex saves of everybody. tower shields used to provide total cover protects against all such artillery attacks.

from that direction.