Newbie DM: FR or Eberron - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Newbie DM: FR or Eberron

Eberron over FR any day of the week... FR is just too cluttered with history and old ideas for me to enjoy it...

Standard Character of Mine trying to walk through a FR plot, at every twist:
No, I do not want any Deus ex Machina today, thank you

I seccond the Ebarron vote without being familiar with the system.

FR is the land of mary sues, and the rule system imported in with it matches that. Cheese comes hand in hand with the world of FR.

Calling it 'cheese' is an insult to dairy products. It goes quite a bit beyond that.

As for level 1s... 100 (250) isn't much better. So you have 1 less AC for a very short time. As in, half of level 1. Big deal.

Hide armor is 15. Expected WBL for a level 2 is 900. Therefore, if 1 AC is really that important to you, you will have it halfway to level 2. What else are you gonna buy with it? MW weapons don't do you much good and even with the MIC, there isn't a lot useful in that price range.

Well it's just about the only pro FR case. Little else to debate. Does it actually say anywhere Fang dragons are FR exclusive?

I am a huge fan of FR. It is very detail oriented which I like. Yes, the setting is favorable of higher leveled PC's but the DM always has the option of playing around with what the setting offers. One could have his campaign set in a past time where the big named NPC's aren't as powerful as they are in the Campaign setting book. I have ran FR multiple times and once with an entirely Psionic party. For a young DM I would suggest reading some of the novels that are based in both settings and see if the setting is something you can get a feel for.

Why not go to good ol Farlandworld?

I'm not a big Ebberon fan -- I think Warforged are munchkiny. FR is decent, but just so used..

Take a look at the site, read up on it... Much more written about Farlandworld than you'll ever get out of a sourcebook.

Finally, you've got great access to Farland himself or one of his staff to answer any questions you may have about whatever comes up.