Newbie DM: FR or Eberron - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Newbie DM: FR or Eberron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrandirst View Post
I find the farland website a bit confusing...where do I get information about the actual setting?
Hi there. For information about the setting itself, go to any page of the website and click on "Setting" in the upper left corner. It's the first item on the menu. Or go here.

I just got the Eberron book today and the races in it other than the Warforged look neat I like the shifter race, but still I think I prefer FR. I'm going to play in a Eberron game to see if my mind can be changed.

For me, Eberron > FR. Don't even know what it is about FR, I like a number of the elements, but just never appealed.

That said, you can run a low-level game without input from the Mary-Sues of the place. I've been a player in one, for a short period of time (life took over, it was an OpenRPG game), and I read the logs for a while afterwards. It's really easy to avoid Elminster and Drizz't - don't introduce them. Seriously, why does Elminster care about bunch of goblinoids out the back of Whoop-Whoop? If the PCs don't take care of it, some other level 6's will. Only at about level 10+ that Elminster and Drizz't should start playing any sort of role. Much as you might like your level 2, Drizz't's never heard of him. It's FR, there's thousands of level 2's wandering about.

I think that the main difference between the 2 is the tone. To use a M&M phrase, FR comes off more 4 colour than Eberron, where Eberron comes across in a more gritty way.