Quick questions and answers - Page 342 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Dragonfire Adept can be any alignment, but it would take 6 levels to get the invocation, which is hardly a dip.

What about Beguiler from PHBII? Edit: Which is a full caster, so never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeentch View Post
Ok, question. Got a LN character. I want to get that character the ability to cast charm person. Normally, not a problem, but in this campaign, we're not allowed to be full casters (not that big of an issue, we're playing dragons). I could just wait to get my innate caster levels, but that's gonna take a while. My initial thoughts were bard (can't be Lawful) or warlock (has to be evil or chatotic).

So does anyone know of any non-source specific (so nothing like an Ebr Dragonmark), way for a LN non-full caster to get it? Be it a class dip, a feat or whatever?
Disciple of Asmodeus, gain charm person 1/day, but the requirements are steep, I think you need like three different feats to get in it.

I know, I was considering the PrC for the same campaign.

EDIT: Sorry, BoVD was the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
Wand + UMD?
No good, need to know the ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishra View Post
Disciple of Asmodeus, gain charm person 1/day, but the requirements are steep, I think you need like three different feats to get in it.

I know, I was considering the PrC for the same campaign.

EDIT: Sorry, BoVD was the source.
I actually asked Wippit about one of those X of Y PrC's for it (I think it may have been this one, the one that does stuff with leadership type abilities). He said no because to get into it, you need the direct backing of one of the major demons/devils. Considering the backstory of the game, we can't get said backing, ergo, no X of Y classes for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithamar View Post
Ooh, 4 levels in Hexblade will do it!
Now that works. Thanks Ith.

Glad to be of service! Be sure to take the Dark Companion class feature from PHBII instead of the familiar! You won't regret it.

Not actually for me, its for PF, but I was closer to a net connection, but I have passed it onto him.

Apparently it was ideal for what he wanted. Good BAB, Good Will and Charm Person. Now he can dip into mindbender without losing too much time on his dragon ascendancy