Quick questions and answers - Page 353 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

For NPC creatures/monsters, advancing SR with CR is reasonable. For PCs, if SR is to remain at all meaningful, however, it must advance with character level, instead.

Is there an item that would keep a Demon from being dismissed in the first encounter with a caster...kinda makes my awesome arrow demon sad to just be booted from the plane with just a will save to protect him? If there is not one, say a Dimension Anchor type item, what would it cost to custom make it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
Is there an item that would keep a Demon from being dismissed in the first encounter with a caster...kinda makes my awesome arrow demon sad to just be booted from the plane with just a will save to protect him? If there is not one, say a Dimension Anchor type item, what would it cost to custom make it?
Dimensional Shackles

I'm not sure that works. Dimensional Anchor prevents the subject from using extradimensional means of travel. Not only are Dismissal and the like not listed as spells DA can prevent, but I wouldn't say they are similar.

Create a custom item that lets you cast the spell Spell Immunity, Greater, use that to make yourself immune to Banishment and Dismissal, plus other spells, for 10/minutes per caster level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
I'm not sure that works. Dimensional Anchor prevents the subject from using extradimensional means of travel. Not only are Dismissal and the like not listed as spells DA can prevent, but I wouldn't say they are similar.
One could make a point that Maze or Plane Shift is similar enough.

However, upon reading Dismissal, it isn't a teleportation effect...
It would probably be a sensible DM' call that Dimensional Anchor prevents any extradimensional movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
Why wouldn't they be similar? Dismissal forces planer travel, even to a random plane, so it isn't just about where the creature was from. And Dimensional Anchor and Dimensional Lock both prevent planer travel...seems pretty cut and dry to me. I am curious now if I am missing something...

Edit: I would be giving up my Dimension Door at will ability to keep from getting dismissed...if there is an easier way to avoid getting planerly punted I would love to hear it.

This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
Create a custom item that lets you cast the spell Spell Immunity, Greater, use that to make yourself immune to Banishment and Dismissal, plus other spells, for 10/minutes per caster level.

OK I like that...Great Spell Immunity since it is 8th level cleric spell would be able to protect me from three spells lvl 8 or lower for 130 min at a time...hmm now to figure out how much an item like this would cost me...