Quick questions and answers - Page 362 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khakhan View Post
For Pathfinder, under the Armor Training class feature of the Fighter, it says they can move at normal speed while wearing medium armor. Is this after they gain the class ability or from the get-go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder SRD
Armor Training (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, (....)

In addition, a fighter can also move at his normal speed while wearing medium armor. At 7th level, a fighter can move at his normal speed while wearing heavy armor.
Normal speed in medium armor: Fighter level 3+, in heavy armor, Fighter level 7+.

A class ability does not take effect before it is gained. Since a Fighter 2 does not have Armor Training, he does not gain any benefit of the class ability.

The chakram is also found in Oriental Adventures, but that's 3.0.

If you're looking for 3.5, you can get the Annulet from Planar Handbook. Both are exotic weapons, and are virtually the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Normal speed in medium armor: Fighter level 3+, in heavy armor, Fighter level 7+.

A class ability does not take effect before it is gained. Since a Fighter 2 does not have Armor Training, he does not gain any benefit of the class ability.
Valid point, that had I been thinking, I should have caught. Much thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishra
The chakram is also found in Oriental Adventures, but that's 3.0.

If you're looking for 3.5, you can get the Annulet from Planar Handbook. Both are exotic weapons, and are virtually the same.
Thanks!

Alright, in order to use Divine Metamagic, it says pick a MM feat to apply it to. Am I correct in the assumption that you must already have this feat?

D&D 3.5:

In Complete Arcane, there is a spell called "Resonating Bolt." It's essentially a Sonic-based Lightning Bolt. However, part of the description says "...resonating bolt deals full damage to objects..." Now, does this mean it ignores hardness? My gut says yes, but something else in me says it's just pointing out the general
Relevant part of SRD:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
Energy Attacks

Acid and sonic attacks deal damage to most objects just as they do to creatures; roll damage and apply it normally after a successful hit. Electricity and fire attacks deal half damage to most objects; divide the damage dealt by 2 before applying the hardness. Cold attacks deal one-quarter damage to most objects; divide the damage dealt by 4 before applying the hardness.
Sonic energy deals full damage to objects before hardness rule.

As a follow-up, if it's an inherent part of the spell and not a reminder of Sonic Energy's properties, what would happen if you used Energy Substitution to change the damage from Sonic to, say, Electricity? Reading the spell straight, it say it Full damage, which suggests ignoring hardness and ignoring the general "Electricity deals 1/2 damage to objects" rule. Another interpretation would be that it ignores hardness, but still deals half damage. Which is most correct?

Has this spell been published in another, later source, such as the
which I don't have
Spell Compendium? A more recent version might clear up my confusion...

I remember seeing an interview-like series of questions for characters. Things like 'What makes you special? What is your role in the party (not meat-shield, but other)?"

Does anybody have a link or similar for it? Or even remember what I'm talking about?

I've never known an effect, whether spell or something else, to ignore hardness without specifically stating that in its description - so my interpretation of that spell would actually be that whilst it doesn't ignore hardness, it does do the maximum possible damage against objects only.

I recall something along those lines, Genuine, but I'll be damned if I can remember from where.

@Genuine- did you mean this? Scroll down to the "Questionnaire"