Quick questions and answers - Page 452 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD Sorcerer's page
A sorcerer’s selection of spells is extremely limited. A sorcerer begins play knowing four 0-level spells and two 1st-level spells of your choice. At each new sorcerer level, he gains one or more new spells, as indicated on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known. (Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a sorcerer knows is not affected by his Charisma score; the numbers on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known are fixed.) These new spells can be common spells chosen from the sorcerer/wizard spell list, or they can be unusual spells that the sorcerer has gained some understanding of by study. The sorcerer can’t use this method of spell acquisition to learn spells at a faster rate, however.
Does the underlined sentence means that Sorcerers can learn spells from any spell list? Even divine ones? If so, then now I can recognize the Sorcerer's power.

In my experience, that is generally interpreted as a reference to custom spells, as per the DMG spell creation guidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedronai View Post
In my experience, that is generally interpreted as a reference to custom spells, as per the DMG spell creation guidelines.
This.

Oh... DMG has that? *fetches the book*

Thanks! I'll see to it!

I am trying to make a character that "collects missing library books" or maybe "retrieves library books that weren't returned" and had originally been considering Urban Ranger, but we have access to City Scape, so I was thinking Rogue with the urban tracking feat, and leading to the rooftop feats as well.

That character will be lvl 5.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any other base classes which might be suitable? The list of allowable sources is pretty extensive.

A collector of books, to me, sounds like either a Wizard or, even more, an Archivist.

no no, he isnt collecting books. He's visiting the people who borrowed the books, retrieving the books by any means, and returning them to the library.

EDIT: sorta like the guy who collects the money for the Loan Shark/Mafia/Yakuza.

Public libraries (where you can borrow books) are a very modern concept. I believe Ben Franklin 'invented' it. So that makes your borrowed book returner more analogous to the modern day spy retrieving stolen information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishar View Post
no no, he isnt collecting books. He's visiting the people who borrowed the books, retrieving the books by any means, and returning them to the library.

EDIT: sorta like the guy who collects the money for the Loan Shark/Mafia/Yakuza.
Bloodhound Prestige Class eventually?

Unless hes breaking into their abodes to steal the books back then it sounds like he should be more of an intimidating / Brute type. . so, go with Urban ranger and consider multiclassing a level or two of fighter.

Or you could be a gentleman book collector, make a swashbuckling type. Well dressed, wielding one or two blades. Take 2 levels of urban ranger for two-weapon fighting and your tracking needs. then maybe go swashbuckler, or Warblade diamond mind stuff? : O