Minecraft? - Page 21 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Minecraft?

Nik, I have some mods (read as: Crystal Clear Waters, minimap, optimine) installed. Will the files you posted preserve those, or am I back to Vanilla minecraft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roi View Post
Nik, I have some mods (read as: Crystal Clear Waters, minimap, optimine) installed. Will the files you posted preserve those, or am I back to Vanilla minecraft?
It shouldn't do anything to the mods on your end, but they likely will not work on Nik's server unless he uses the same ones. I think only texture packs carry over regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roi View Post
the files I posted are to stay at 1.301, they are to overwrite your existing directory so you'd want to backup what you have already. I'd also be surprised if your current mods work with 1.4 anyhow... But anyway, I have no clue what playerside mods would do, as they tend to be seen as cheating.

I beg to differ that they would be cheating! (Not against you,
Oh, the irony
just the quick-to-accuse.)

Unless pretty water, a decent FPS (I have integrated graphics >.<) and a map are cheating. Maybe the map, but one would have to be extremely liberal with one's application of cheating for that to be considered cheating.

Playerside mods actually try to run, but don't work. For example, the mod I have for my creative world, it spawns items by clicking on them. You can activate it in SMP, but it just gives an error when you click stuff. I just use it because it has a list of all the item numbers.

I do beleive the residences went down.

My inventory bugged again I think. I don't know if something I'm doing specifically that is causing it. I had next to nothing in my inventory before it bugged: 2 new iron axes from an achievement, about 10 logs, and about 10 saplings.

Would it be possible to get back the two iron axes I got from the achievement that I got literally 30 seconds before it bugged?

Working now.

I've noticed that on the mythcraft.dyndns.org website, there is a new map along with the regular and the nether maps, called "WaterWorld". Is this just another world that I can connect to using a different dyndns or zapto once Bukkit gets updated to 1.4?