The Walking Dead - Season 3 - Page 28 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead - Season 3

Girl at work was the same way, Scarecrow, she started watching from Season 2 and, while she was impressed with the crazy man, she didn't quite understand the emotional resonance it had for me. : )

On Andrea: I've bashed her, deservedly, I think. But I rewatched the attack on the camp, the B&W reruns of Season 1, and the attack on the camp was horrifying and so well done. Amy's death and Andrea's reaction to it were so sad and the acting was top notch. What happened to you, Andrea?

I blame Dale.

Dale is awesome. Don't you blame him ever1 *Attacks Smokey with rolled up cheese* huzah!

Sorry Dale was one of my favorite characters in both the Comic and the tv show. Andrea was just so-so in the comics, and is an abomination on survivalism in the show.

You think they will ever make an anime of the walking dead? Like they did with Supernatural.

An anime of the walking dead...Panty shots everywhere and suggestive zombies groping but on a more serious note, heh why not.

Andrea was always forgettable in the comics, while I understand that the writer wanted to do something different for the tv series with her. I can't wait to see her bite the bullet.

This season, I'm mostly waiting for Daryl vs Merle, we all know it's going to happen.

I stopped watching about the 17th episode in a row (seemed like it) of sitting around the farmhouse and raiding town for tampons and pregnancy tests.

Has the show gotten better?

S3 is very action packed but it's mostly because most of the staffs working on S2 have been fired. S2 was dreadfully slow and uneventful, S3 so far has action and drama at every episodes.

I don't think there will be a Darryl vs Merle. I think Glenn is going to kill Merle after he chops off Rick's hand.

The last episode was actually fantastic in my opinion which is a nice change since I have hated the previous few. Morgan was phenomenal, his crazy persona acting puts Rick to shame.

Makes me sad that the next one probably won't be as good and I'll go back to disliking the show.

I thought the last episode was a fantastic departure from the current storyline, and was glad for the break from Andrea (though I don't share the vehement, seething rage-hate that seems to exist for her) and the Governor and the whole Woodbury vs the Prison scenario. I don't hate that plotline; its just less interesting for me than what else could be going on.

Personally, once the prison scene is played out and the Governor dies - hopefully if not by the end of this season, then in the season premiere for Season 4, that there are more excursions like this. More meetings with others that survived and where the character interactions have depth and interest, and where there's more to it than keeping away from and killing walkers. Kirkman has always said its fashioned after a horror movie that never ends, which is genius - but in every horror movie there will be slow scenes and scenes where people get hopeful and things look brighter for a while - in this medium I think rather than a few minutes of screen time, these scenes may take several episodes to play out so I'm fine with lulls, as long as they make sense. Breaking the lulls with a violent, game-changing and life-or-death kick down the door moment is always a nice change of pace too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergypsy1970 View Post
I Know I cheered when Rick wife died..(disliked her enough not to even call her lori). Now kill Andrea and i think the show will improve dramatically. A few of their decisions have been pretty funny/stupid though you have to have people do dumb things on tv or they wouldnt get into the glorious messes they do.
Just makes it realistic. People IRL do stupid things all the time, and in a situation like that, bad decisions would just compound.