Let's Play Guild Wars 2!! - Page 20 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Let's Play Guild Wars 2!!

There is also a sort of trade market between gems and in game gold. Not sure if it's just tracking the ratio of trade or actually effecting the exchange rate (My brain is missing the app that can translate things like the stock market :P), but it's cool data to see.

The exchange rate is based on current demand. You can actually see how the exchange rate has fluctuated recently (there's a graph there), so you can get an idea on trends.

Would someone mind giving me a time table to enjoy the game and level up to about 40ish in hours played? I have a friend at 37 now and I just started to catch up =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
Would someone mind giving me a time table to enjoy the game and level up to about 40ish in hours played? I have a friend at 37 now and I just started to catch up =)
Well realistically there is no reason your friend can't play with you if they're willing, cause GW2 employs effective levels. So, if someone a higher level than you wants to play with you, they're temporarily downgraded to the zone's level.

Depends on how much you play, but leveling is ridiculously smooth and easy in GW2. You gain XP for EVERYTHING. Harvest some berries? XP. Kill an enemy? XP. Craft some stuff? XP. Do a dynamic event? Loads of XP. It adds up so fast.

I'd say a week, tops, depending on how much you play each day.

EDIT: Also there's the sidekicking down that DarkJester said

Heh. Guess who just made a Charr Mesmer?

I only just thought to check on here for a GW2 thread. Howdy all!

I'm playing on Tarnished Coast as well, and am a member of RPG.net's Vagabonds, Grifters, and Orphans guild [VGO]. I play the Sylvari Elementalist, Whitebranch, and have about 160 hours into the game after three BWEs and release, but I'm still under L50 because I wander around a lot and talk to every NPC in the game.

*Grumbles* I've been running a Condition Damage build with Shortbow and Axe/Torch for the better part of 59 levels. I realized that recently, my build hasn't been working nearly as well as it used to, because my pet isn't pulling aggro nearly as often as he used to (I need to hit a target from the sides/back to stack bleeds). So, I decided at 60 I would retrain my traits and regear for Power, and probably pick up a Longbow.

Then I realized that I'm 6.5 gold short of picking up my highest level trait book, with only half a level to 60 -.-