Well I'm Stuck... - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Well I'm Stuck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allucard View Post
My RL group and I are going to start a new Campaign this week... except that Im out of Character Ideas... I need a character who is Unique and fun to play crunch wise or else I will get bored with him and become disinterested. (Not one of my better qualities) My Previous Idea was a Dragonborn Fighter/Crusader; However the DM is Sketchy on Crusaders and has decided against Dragonborn.

My role of becoming the Party Tank/Healer is shot because I have played too many clerics and do not wish to play another.

I wish to look for some Ideas from my peers here on the Weave.

My Criteria:

Tanky: No less that a D8 Hit Die, Prefered More
Melee Support: I would like a Class combination that offered some melee skills as well as a bit of buffs or heals
Stat Distribution: Please don't offer up a class that needs 5 Prime stats and leaves one to dump. Otherwise I'd Play a paladin.
Usefullness and Uniqueness are both Plusses

The DM's Defense to denying my previous Character was that "We have new people coming and he did not want to stray too far from the core rules..." So let us try to stay SOMEWHAT close to core, though Anything goes really.
Druid. In core, it's the only thing other than Clerics that even comes close.

Oh, if you want another class that is interesting to play, the Spirit Shaman (complete divine). Has a nice set of spells and abilities and its awesome for RP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4yne View Post
Oh, if you want another class that is interesting to play, the Spirit Shaman (complete divine). Has a nice set of spells and abilities and its awesome for RP.
It doesn't tank 1/4th as well as a druid + Animal companion

play a human monk/sorc

being human you have the extra feat to help you out especially if you have low hp rolls

monk gives you the fighting capabilities

and sorc gives you the versatility needed in tight areas

he can be very unique because since he is a monk you can describe his spells as him punching the guy and fire coming out of his hand...just some cool ideas you can use

if you make it to later levels there are crap loads of prestige classes for monk sorcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdf_1992 View Post
play a human monk/sorc

being human you have the extra feat to help you out especially if you have low hp rolls

monk gives you the fighting capabilities

and sorc gives you the versatility needed in tight areas

he can be very unique because since he is a monk you can describe his spells as him punching the guy and fire coming out of his hand...just some cool ideas you can use

if you make it to later levels there are crap loads of prestige classes for monk sorcs

This is good.

Monk/Wizard with Kung Fu Genious is slightly less MAD than Monk/Sorceror, you can dump Wis and Cha.
Not sure it meets the OP's requirements though?
Druid would seem to fit the bill, and the AC can even be a mount if desired.