Play-Testers and Idea Bouncers for Our Game - Page 8 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Play-Testers and Idea Bouncers for Our Game

I removed it for now. We may have to replace it as it eats up pages in the book and really doesn't pay off well in the long run. But its gone for now yep!

Tons of updates to our play-test kit. Arg. Took me longer than I wanted but people will be getting a good deal.
We also updated the website with a ton of stuff.

Hope to work with you all soon.

I disagree. Making people pay the $5 will more than likely be a great boost. if maybe 1 in 3 people are willing to pay 5 bucks, you're still making more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReaper95 View Post
I disagree. Making people pay the $5 will more than likely be a great boost. if maybe 1 in 3 people are willing to pay 5 bucks, you're still making more money.
I think you are agreeing with me right. That the 1 dollar at times can cause issues that a 5 dollar does not?

If you're saying that $5 is a better method than 1? yes. I agree. It means that you have to pay an actually useful amount to get the game. Anyone can scrape up a dollar in 30 seconds, yes, but it takes only 35 to scrape up 5 bucks. Most people who would do it for 1 will do it for 5. and thats 5 times the profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReaper95 View Post
If you're saying that $5 is a better method than 1? yes. I agree. It means that you have to pay an actually useful amount to get the game. Anyone can scrape up a dollar in 30 seconds, yes, but it takes only 35 to scrape up 5 bucks. Most people who would do it for 1 will do it for 5. and thats 5 times the profit.
I was warned, MANY TIMES, about giving the game away for 1.00. I did then limited it, then when I found I had more room in the credits I unlimited it. But it will be going back to limited soon.

One reason why it is nice is many people that pledge 1.00 on the first couple days have jumped to 5-100 since then and I think they may NOT have pledged at all if it had been 5.00 and thus not seen the updates that caused them to upgraded.

In the end I agree though.

Can't wait to get my greedy little hands on the test kit. I want to play!!! lol looking good Mal and glad to see things chugging along for you guys.

Fair enough point Malanthrax. Short of doing an entire statistical analysis I'd say yours is a fairly good representation of the truth. However at this point. if what they see already isn't enough what will be?