Free character images - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Free character images

Ok, so I was stupid. I decided to draw Allanath, Aurelio, and Boone on the same page at the same time. In the future I will do sketches one at a time, and this time will have no effect on the painting order.

~~~Here are the sketches.~~~

Sorry it took so long. My router tried to die on me Friday, I had to spend the entire day fixing it only to figure out it just needed to be rebooted. >< Also my new scanner is a $%#%& that can't scan anything but standard 8.5 x 11 pages. I had to break out my old one.

For future notice, I'm adding more items to the "not required, but helps" list: reference images and names. =D

Mordae: I put Allanath in tights to emphasize his sleek musculature. If you'd rather he wear pants, please let me know. =P Also, the runes on the basket hilt will be more noticeable in paint. Did you want a wiry basket hilt or a solid one like the one I drew? Sorry the tip of his sword got cut off. D= It's pointed though. Were you wanting some design on the breastplate? And did you want the helmet? I can draw a helmet on a separate layer and give you both images if you want.

Pose: I was thinking the viewer would be looking down his sword at him in a martial stance. Since the braided hair is so short, it's hard to make it show up without the use of wind.

TheEpicNecropath: I decided to not draw the fur coat for the sketch. Do you want it in the painting?

Pose: I see him sitting in a chair, legs crossed, leaning on one hand almost in boredom. On the desk in front of him is a little model whitehouse with little figurines in front of it. Behind him is a window, and outside you can see the whitehouse with a mass of people out in front, almost as if he's organizing a protest or something. What do you think?

Renown0: I drew your character the fastest, sorry D=. Boone has some serious physics issues. How does the backpack hang from his staff without causing the staff to flip? Is the staff attached to him a certain way? Also, is the vine plant a bush of vines, or a long single vine like the one I drew?

That looks great, I love your take on him. The only things that needs to be removed/changed a bit are the little bit of fang that shows up in the headshot, and his cheeks need to be less hollow.

The pose sounds great, but there are a few changes I'd like to make to the background. Instead of a model of the white house an antique globe would fit better (a guy's gotta set his sight high : P). He'd be in a study of some sort so can you frame the white house bit with a bookcase and the saber I mentioned hanging on the other side?

You vampires and your high standards. Sure, and I'll put the fur coat on a coat stand.

So no fangs? And what kind of basket hilt, a wired one or a solid one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoka View Post
Renown0: I drew your character the fastest, sorry D=. Boone has some serious physics issues. How does the backpack hang from his staff without causing the staff to flip? Is the staff attached to him a certain way? Also, is the vine plant a bush of vines, or a long single vine like the one I drew?
Dude. You're fast. *Grabs pencil to try matching speed*

I actually do like him as he is. The backpack was just supposed to be on his back with his staff in between, but that's fine. As for the plant, that's totally fine. I had something else in mind, but pretty much any plant would have been perfect. XD

I mean, for a character I came up with and asked for within the same two-hour period, I don't think there could be much improvement besides the anatomy. I congratulate you sir.

Stumbled across this and decided to pop in and test the waters. I looked for a very long time for a picture to depict a dwarf character I am currently playing, but had little to no success. If you are a fan of drawing dwarves, I would appreciate the help. I know a lot of people don't like drawing them though...too much facial hair.

Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male
Height/weight: Little over 4ft, around 200lbs
Class: Fighter/Barbarian
Hair style/color: Brown hair, cropped short. Very messy...cuts it himself to keep it out of his eyes. Has a long beard that goes down to his waist that he keeps braided.
Eye color: Brown.
Name: Abrecan
Attitude: Gruff, absolutely loves to fight and drink. Has a very low Charisma score and low Intelligence as well. Basically, he hires himself out as a mercenary because he gets paid to fight...win/win for him. He will do pretty much anything if the money is right. Has little to no regard for personal hygiene and tends to only wash himself when others force him to. He treats combat as an almost religious affair and holds great respect for those who can prove themselves in battle. After a fight, if his foe was particularly strong or unique, he will cut out and consume their heart in order to gain power/knowledge from it (Ritual Cannibalism feat).
History: Abrecan is not exactly a typical dwarf. He was raised by a tribal society of forest dwarves who worked very closely with their human barbarian neighbors. He was often goaded into drinking competitions and then dared to do outrageous things (he ate his first heart on a dare, then received many tattoos.). Hearing stories of faraway lands and the strong creatures that lived there, he decided to become a mercenary in order to see/experience as much of it as he could. That, and he was eager to flee from an arranged marriage.
Specific Equipment: He uses primary two-handed weapons and is currently equipped with a falchion that he took from the corpse of an ancient orc general. He has a knife strapped to each boot, carries a backpack full of adventuring gear, a utility belt with potions and flasks of ale, a shortbow, and a padded club for capturing enemies alive. Around his neck he wears a necklace he made using trophies of things he has killed. Currently has wolf teeth, two boar tusks, a few orc ears, bear claws, and the pincers off of a giant centipede. He wears a breastplate with a helmet and aventail (chain mesh that comes down to cover the back of the neck) when in the field. Under the breastplate he wears a chain tabard to add additional protection and he straps a dark green cloak to his back. When in town he wears a long coat, sturdy boots, and a wide-brimmed hat all made of leather.
Setting: Forest/swampy areas. Hired as part of a crew to explore and map uncharted territory in a massive forest and a swamp. Very rainy and muddy most days.
Pose: I was thinking either casual wear enjoying a drink, or maybe during or after combat. Maybe holding the heart of a fallen enemy, if you are willing to go into graphic detail. I kinda like the idea of him holding the heart in one hand and having the sword resting on his shoulder like this.
Misc. Features: He has several scars on his arms and his face. He has tribal tattoos from his right hand all the way up to the side of his face. He is usually very dirty and seldom takes the time to clean the blood out of his beard and clothes.
Links:

I really like what I have seen of your work so far! If you'd rather avoid this one though, I can't say I blame you and no hard feelings. Looking forward to seeing more of what you can do.

Mordae Oh crap. I just realized you said that the scabbard was on his RIGHT hip. >< Sorry I'll correct that in the finished version. I'm so dumb. =(

Renown0: Roger.

Bladed Commando Why would I avoid it? =D I do have one picture of a dwarf, but it was back when I was first learning photoshop, so it's pitiful.

Anyone fancy drawing some Star Wars NPCs for me? These are long running characters (3 years+) and would get a lot of use.
I'm sure my players would also love character pics. All here:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=101799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gygaxphobia View Post
Anyone fancy drawing some Star Wars NPCs for me? These are long running characters (3 years+) and would get a lot of use.
I'm sure my players would also love character pics. All here:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=101799
I so don't have time to read through all that. Please submit a request as per the OP.

Oh crap, I just realized I didn't post a name for my requested character drawing. Is that a problem?
Also, I really like the sketches you made. Especially Aurelio de Vega, he looks like a badass capo, although his right hand looks like he's supposed to be holding something. Are you going to draw a coin or something in it later?