Duskblade Vs Psionic Warrior - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Duskblade Vs Psionic Warrior

Duskblade Vs Psionic Warrior

Please discuss the merits of both and which is believed to be more powerful (and why).

Psionic Warrior at lower levels (especially first) feels....useless.

But as they grow in power seem to outshine the Duskblade.

Opinions?

What is our definition of "power" first? Duskblade somehow obtaining spells on a different list will surely leave the PsyWar in the dust.

Psychic warrior benefits from being an "old" 3.5 class, with a pretty substantial amount of material written for it. Duskblade simply never got the attention.

Psychic Warrior is more versatile.

Duskblade "Novas" at low levels and is a nasty opponent until mid game due to the amount of damage they can put out swiftly. Then they dip off.

High level play and the Psychic Warrior has more options available to it. The only way a Duskblade matches this is to switch to a full caster so it can get a variety of better spells.

How does one negate the whole 1PP at level 1 and 1 power known with +0BAB...

....Any dodge? I mean to me that blows- that's like a worse and more fragile wizard....And he's supposed to be a warrior?

But the Duskblade still seems functional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicosity View Post
How does one negate the whole 1PP at level 1 and 1 power known with +0BAB...

....Any dodge? I mean to me that blows- that's like a worse and more fragile wizard....And he's supposed to be a warrior?

But the Duskblade still seems functional.
They also get a bonus feat at first level, which can go toward fighter or psionic feats. Also, you gain bonus PP according to your level, based on a high key ability score (just like how wizards gain bonus spell slots for a high INT score).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
They also get a bonus feat at first level, which can go toward fighter or psionic feats. Also, you gain bonus PP according to your level, based on a high key ability score (just like how wizards gain bonus spell slots for a high INT score).
not to mention your race provides additional PP with the right choices.