Winner annoucement for World of Farland contest! - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

Winner annoucement for World of Farland contest!

Winner annoucement for World of Farland contest!

The esteemed Dr. Morganes and Mordae kindly served as volunteer judges for the World of Farland contest. I would like to thank them for the time they put in.

I would like to announce winner for the contest. Because of a dearth of submitted entries (although many people committed to submit entries, alas), only first place prizes will be awarded. Also, not even entries were submitted to warrant awarding of the grand prize, which is highly unfortunate.

So without further ado, the winners are...

WinnersART CATEGORY

1st place winner: Museless, for artwork of the goddess Bestra

LITERATURE CATEGORY

1st place winner: Agricolus, for his story "A Matter of Balance"

MISCELLANEOUS CATEGORY

1st place winner: Shadethedemon, for The Ynni and the Murearomalqiun story and race

Thanks to all who entered. I will be in touch with each winner to discuss awarding them their prizes.

Agricolus: I would LOVE to see you develop the card games you wrote about. If D&D can have a
Three Dragon Ante
card game, so can Farland!

I will agree with Morganes. The game was one of the most distinguishing points of the story, and I particularly enjoyed some of the characterizations of the players

Many thanks, one and all, to the esteemed judges, to M-W and to Farland for the great site he has started and developed. There are so many ways the site can be developed and furthered that it's like a teeming petri dish of ideas and suggestions for writers.

The card game!!!??? Sheesh....it sounds like a cool idea. I was never a really good poker player, as I didn't do it enough to be able to remember if a straight was higher than a flush, etc. I was a little afraid when I started the description that it would be too overwhelming, but if you ever played 7-card-stud, you'll notice the similarities - two down, three up to bet upon, and two down. But inventing a deck with seven suits is easier written about than done. But imminently possible!

I wrote a novel for NaNoWriMo in '08 where they had a dice game that consisted of 'bones' in which you were allowed to hit the opponent's dice and roll them over, and it became quite interesting. I'd need, eventually, to come up with artwork for the seven sins suits.

In 'Follow the Two's', or any other game with the deck, a key to playing it would be to remember which suit would be worth more than the next, a feature that's not available in our standard 4-suit deck.

But enough about the cards for now! I hope this story helped to tie things together a little - that's one of the neat things about the site and the history timeline - it leaves a lot of room to merge stories. Of course, I had to throw Darmon in there! It will be part of the Darmon saga, hopefully, which I'm continuing. He's a compelling character who does the best to survive in the face of a god's curse.

Once again, thanks to all for the opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
Are there links to all these wonderful winning submissions somewhere??
Seconded. Links?

The winning entries will be published for this month's update, on Dec. 15.

Congratulations to all the winners. I look forward to this month's update.