Candid moment: President Obama with his young campaign staffers - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Candid moment: President Obama with his young campaign staffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolfer View Post
Better then this asshole

http://www.forbes.com/sites/helaineo...-of-the-night/
The way they have been taking their lose is downright scary sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiyn View Post
The way they have been taking their lose is downright scary sometimes.
The way the Democrats took their victory in 2008 was downright terrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
The way the Democrats took their victory in 2008 was downright terrifying.
Yes, how dare they rejoice in the streets after 8 years of a president who didn't win the popular vote and took the presidency through dubious methods and the message of hope and change prevailed. Criminal, if you ask me.

If there are any who would doubt the genuine nature of the differences between these two candidates, Romney's basic soullessness, the fact that a bullet had been dodged on election day, let it be made evident by this striking and almost unbelievable contrast of extremes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
That wasn't what concerned me.
Oh, thanks for being so specific. It really helped me understand your argument.

I'm going to suggest that instead of turning this into yet another thread where everyone digs in their heels and makes openly disparaging remarks about "the other side" we take a cue from the video of my OP and use this as a place to talk about some of the extraordinary (and perhaps unexpected) humanity demonstrated by people in politics or government.

For instance, I was readily impressed by Governor Christie's statements on FOX News. I've been confused why the media has made such a big deal out of his thanks and praise to President Obama for the latter's efforts post-Sandy, but his candor and clear frustration with partisan politics in that FOX interview was a breath of fresh air.

Simple things like that, to me, do a lot to dissolve the partisan bickering. There are things far more important in the governance of our country.