Help, Large portions of certain threads blanked out?!? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Help, Large portions of certain threads blanked out?!?

Help, Large portions of certain threads blanked out?!?

Alright, I got on the weave this morning to work on an application for a game and found that a large portion of two of the threads I'm working in have been in effect blanked out.

They appear to be covered by the background.

I was worried so I checked my games and some other threads and it only appears to be two threads, Here & Here. It seems it's only an issue on my iPhone and not my kindle or the offices computer. . . . . . But, I do 99% of my posting from my phone.

I've tried messing with my settings and logging out and logging back in. . . .

And that's the extent of my possible fixes.

Any help for a Luddite? Before I brick my phone out of frustration? ( ha ha . . .)

To clarify while viewing only on my phone the threads look like

This

Don't worry, everything is still there. The issue are incorrectly nested spoiler and private tags in this post for the first link (the other is from a thread I can't read). I've seen this often enough to identify it pretty quickly - the screwed up footers is one of the hints.

A mod will most likely come along shortly to fix it.

If you log out, you won't have the issue. I would venture a guess that it is the reason it is only screwed up from your phone - you most likely are not logged in from other devices.

Clear your phones browser's history & cache and try again. Since it's not a problem with the thread itself (it displays normally for me), it's something local to your device. If that doesn't help, try a different browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPhoenix View Post
Don't worry, everything is still there. The issue are incorrectly nested spoiler and private tags in this post for the first link (the other is from a thread I can't read). I've seen this often enough to identify it pretty quickly - the screwed up footers is one of the hints.

A mod will most likely come along shortly to fix it.

If you log out, you won't have the issue. I would venture a guess that it is the reason it is only screwed up from your phone - you most likely are not logged in from other devices.
I thought the same thing, but the tag issue shouldn't be browser- or user-specific, should it?

That reminds me, there's a bug with private that are the first post on a public thread, the preview first post sees through the private tag.

Alright cleared the phone's browser history and cache and nada

But in my thread that went all wonky ( it was a wip thread) I deleted the last post because I was done working something out, and it opened that thread back up to me.

The thread that is still wonky is an application thread with several applications blocked out including my own. But I can still see the first page and the last entry on the second page.

Okay but one of the threads is in my own game. . . . And on other devices there's no issue?

So weird thanks for the help so far guys

On it.

Edit: Fixed.

If private tags are used together with spoiler and/or fieldset tags, correct nestling of the tags is essential: Tags need to be closed in the reversed order of how they were opened. Otherwise, things will get borked.

[private][spoiler][fieldset]...[/fieldset][/spoiler][/private] is fine.
[private][spoiler][fieldset]...[/fieldset][/private][/spoiler] is not, nor is
[private][spoiler][fieldset]...[/private][/fieldset][/spoiler].

Imagine private/spoiler/fieldset tags as boxes:
[private][spoiler] would mean that you remove the lid of the private box and put the spoiler box inside, removing the lid of that box, too.
[/private][/spoiler] would mean you close the lid on the private box and THEN try to put the lid back on the spoiler box - which you can't, since it is inside the closed private box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem_Jeer View Post
That reminds me, there's a bug with private that are the first post on a public thread, the preview first post sees through the private tag.
That is a known bug, listed on the Bug and Feature Request List.